it is back

This topic contains 54 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Amelie 12 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author

eve
    Participant

Hi Everybody

Sarah you seem to be going through the mill at the moment,were will you be going from here,is dex to build Gordon up for next round of drugs?.
    Keith you sound if the whole lot is getting you down,but as you say there is always someone worse off than you,its just trying to put everything in perspective,Do we build are hopes up,to have them come crashing down,or do we try to stay on the side of(it might work) so not to down when it does not,Wish I had the answer?I do believe if you stay positive you enjoy everyday a little bit better and its not wasted with negative thoughts.Your second sct gives you another good chance and that must be a bonus.
    My downer is when I see all these camper vans heading for Dover,and I think you lucky b…..s,but are turn will come.

The dreaded dex thought Slim was doing well on reduced dose,take it all back,started to let him drive again,BIG mistake,F1 driving round roads created a nodding dog syndrome my head felt it was falling off,did not listen to me,had to step in big time,has gone into sulking mode,he just does not see,he is being irrational,so I know how your feeling Sarah.
    At least I had a nice man back for a short time.

Sue when I get low I find it helpful to think of all the things we have done,but I must admit popping pills have helped to keep my emotions under control because people,do not understand the emotions we are going through
    it does help.
    My thought are with you all eve

zasrs
    Participant

Hi All

what a beautiful place the yorshiren dales are lovley weather , pity gordon saw the inside of Airdale Hospital for three days, we were supposed to be away for only 4!! In hindsite we should not have gone away, he says he will never leave sussex again:- Airdale hosp was very good, there was a very big comfy sofa in the day room with a sunflower on the wall above, have a fealing it was something to do with the calender girls.

Gordon now in our local hospital back on revlamid and the dreaded steroids seems to be responding well,his scan showed his right hip is in danger of fracturing at any time, rather a shock as his left hip hurts due to arthritis, never has had any pain in is right. Not sure how we are going to get him on his big red tractor.

Have any of you lovley people have blue badges and are they lomg winded to get, gordon really does need one, so handy for shopping!!

love to you all

sarah

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Eve

What pills are on? Sometimes feel i should be on pills rather than alchol, always feal so dreadful in the morning!!

Gordon had his last dose of dex on the morning we drove to yorkshire, i shut my eyes or read the paper, so i could not see the speedo!! He came down with a bang that night ! I have posted about yorkshire but it has appeared in the middle of this posting!!

all the best sarah xx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Sarah poor Gordon not much of a break for either of you! Is the damage to his hip due to myeloma or is it steroid damage ? My right hip was destroyed by the huge doses of steroids but thhe hip replacement sorted it out and I have not had any problems with it The Blue badge is easy to apply for , its usually your local council, give them a call to send you a form . You will need 2 passport sized photos, I didnt have to pay anything either I hope Gordon gets home very soon Sarah . Its about time you both had a bit of good fortune fingers , toes and everything else crossed for you both lots of love Bridget x

eve
    Participant

HI Sarah
    Missed the post on Yorkshire did not show on emails either!!!!
    Well at least Gordon tried it is very hard for them to admit they can no longer do things,i think that is why we have these battles with them,but it does show they are fighting this b—d Myeloma .

I take Citalopram 20mg,It does work stops you dissolving in tears,or shouting like a fish wife,at first I took one a day,but now its roughly every three days,my doctor would like me to take them every day as thats the way prescribed but i am not a pill taker and it seems to do the job for me.Just need to keep my emotions under control.Worth a go even just to save on G&T,I was the same waking up different hours feeling awful.:'-(

Cannot believe you have not got a blue badge!!!!!.It does take about 6 weeks.Get the forms from local council or county council ring up.fill in then send off,they ref to doctor then sent back to county council,six weeks to prove they are working!!!,I lost my temper with them,aksed had he got to be sitting up in a coffin before he got one:-)!!!!took about 4 weeks.
    One of the questions is how far can you walk,when you answer it,think how far Gordon could walk with out,pain killers,sticks ,the answer needs to be O,

Slims hips are much the same both hips both with athritis.one hip done after becoming pain full after fall from van(my fault put step in)has never been a success as never cemented it.other hip shows on exray but not painful,Hip with replacement now playing up,we do not know and at the moment do not want to know what is responsible ,just another thing to add to the list,:-P

I do feel for you Sarah,It does not make life easier when they do not realise how unreasonable they are being,Slims very stubborn,but I do think thats what gets them over the next hurdle.His logic no cure i am going to be the first.
    Look after yourself,at least you have the grandkids to take your mind of thing for awhile love Eve

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Eve and bridget
    thanks for your posts i may well try citalopram! i am waiting to hear from the hospital as hope fully gordon can come home for a long weekend. i contacted the blue badge lady at the council, she advised me to ask our mac nurse to phone her and we could get one within 24 hours! Mac nurse is not around until tomorrow, so will let you know how we get on:-D
    take care sarah xx

susannah
    Participant

Hi Sarah So sorry you had such abad time away, I did think about you both while in Whitby. Michaelwas just the opposite he felt so well, infact he even thought of not starting treatment again tomorrow, Couldnt get through to him he wouldnt feel well for long if he didnt, still it was good to have some normality even for a couple of weeks.

The citalopram do you have to get them on prescription? my doctor gave me amytriptyline, only 10mg but they make me feel like a somby, not sure if thats good or bad under the circumstances, perhaps i'll stick to the red wine for a while longer

Take care all
    Sue

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi all of your wonderful Carers!

Just wanted you to know what a marvellous job you are all doing. I have always thought it must be worse being the one watching on.

Makes me appreciate my own hubby even if we all like to moan from time to time!

Love

Mavis x

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Sue
    thought of you as well in whitby, wondering if you were both having such a great time as us!!! i hope not !!

not sure how about citalopram eve is the person to ask, i am still on wine/rum/ gin whatever is to hand!:-D

gordon now home to have revlamid plus drugs that go with it + gcsf + dxt for his hip. happy days:-(

sarah xx

Min
    Participant

Hi Sarah,
    On heavens if its not one thing its another with these men of ours. They cant just get one thing wrong with them it has to be a dramatic illness and one that drives us the carer out of our mind!
    Blue badge… 5 days best thing we ever got out of him getting the blu*y illness. Now he has it you need to go on and get the other things like Disability living allowance. (Shy bairns get nowt) He has worked all his life and is entitled to it. Unless he is too old but theres an allowance for that too. I even get carers allowance now I am not working.
    I have to say in the past few weeks I have earned it too. cutting the lawns and ironing his many shirts and fetching and carrying this that and the other to name just a tiny few. Why don't we have a post about these allowances we can claim?
    Now he is getting better we have to go through it all over again in a few weeks UGH

Gordon will have to get a set of steps built to get him into his tractor then he can plough to his hearts content once he gets home. Hope he gets home soon

Love MIn

eve
    Participant

Hi Everybody
    My little fix it was on prescription,I can only say it has worked,:-S 😛 🙂
    just taken one heee that made you laugh.it does help.
    I can honestly say normally do not touch tablets,but you cannot keep crying or raging,it worked for me!!!
    Love Eve

eve
    Participant

Hi Sarah
    Just putting the same message on here in case you miss the one on b badge. Hang in there Sarah it is 3 am when you sitting there wondering how this will turn out,worst time, Awful time,thinking of you.Eve

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Eve

Thank for your posting how do i sleep? seeing the mac nurse tomorrow maybe she has a magic wand!x

hope all is okay slim

sarah x

CarolBradley1
    Participant

So sorry to hear of you disappointing news. Dex is horrible isn´t? As if you both didn´t have enough to contend with. We live in Yorkshire so if we hear any thunderclaps we will understand perfectly.
    Thinking of you and pray that your luck changes soon. Love Carol xxx

zasrs
    Participant

Hi All

Gordon now vwry sick the myeloma has decided to attack his liver, he has yellow whites instesd of white, i thought i had lost him yesterday so much pain a chest infection his protin levele have come down to 96 from 102 some improvment.

How many tears can one person cry.

sarah

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘it is back’ is closed to new replies.