it is back

This topic contains 54 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Amelie 12 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author

DMC
    Participant

Hi Sarah, Very sorry to hear Gordons not doing to well.
    I finished my 1st SCT in May and up to now appear to be responding ok.
    Been feeling quite good and getting round and about, so not been posting lately.
    Lynne and I will keep you both in our prayers.
    DMC.

DaiCro
    Participant

Sarah,

I am imagining Gordon bringing the harvest home.

I have a small; old black and white photograph of my Grandmother?s Uncle Morris? my Great, Great Uncle. In the photograph he is standing, all five foot one of him, with one foot raised and resting on an upturned log. He has a leather tankard in one hand, stretched out before him, in the other he has a large earthenware flagon, his index finger is looped through the earthenware ring on the neck of the flagon and he is obviously about to pour. The scene is set in the yard in front of ?Pen Y Mynydd? (The Mountain Top) our former ancient and diminutive Pembrokeshire hillside farm? I recognize the setting? I know it and love it still… with an undiminished passion.

In the photograph Morris is surrounded by a dozen or so people? the only face I recognize belongs to Morris? wife, my Great, Great Aunt Minnie? all of their faces are alight with joy as they stand in various poses of merriment… witnessing the act of celebration. There is one unknown woman in particular who has her hands clasped together as if in prayer, her eyes are open wide and even in a small, black and white photograph her zeal and joy is infectious.

On the back of the photograph there is a brief inscription, surprisingly written in English, in faded pencil by a bold but fine hand.

?All is safely gathered in?.

God bless you both xxx.

Dai.

gina45
    Participant

Im so sorry that Gordon is not doing well, i will be thinking of you both god bless you xx

zasrs
    Participant

Thank you every one for your postings, dai your description of the photo of your relatives, all those yaers ago was lovley. i am sitting here with gordon in bed feeling that it is all happening to someone else.
    with love sarah xx

Gill
    Participant

Sarah I am so sorry that Gordon is so unwell. You must both be relieved that he is home.

There is so little that the people on here can do for you but I am sure that you know that we are all willing Gordon well. Whether through prayer or kind thoughts.

Gill xxxx

eve
    Participant

Hi Sarah
    Keeping up with your post just so you know you are never far away from my thoughts. Eve

brocho
    Participant

Dear Sarah and Gordon thinking of you both love Bridget x

susannah
    Participant

Hi Sarah Not posted for a while, I am so sorry to read Gordon is so poorly
    you must feel numb, my heart goes out to you.

Take care of yourself
    Thinking of you both
    Sue

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hello Sarah,
    Not posted for a while so sorry to hear Gordons not doing to well, but it must a comfort to have him home,
    Me and kev send our love and hugs to you both.

Love liz xx

Amelie
    Participant

Just want to send you all my best wishes, I can immagine how you must feel.
    Love
    amelie

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘it is back’ is closed to new replies.