New look website

This topic contains 66 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  webteam 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
  • Author

andyg
    Participant

Hi Stuart.
    Me again 😉
    I’ve just done a post posted it and when I reread it I spotted a mistake and when I tried to edit it I found the whole post disappeared in the edit box when I tried to edit it!

Andy

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Andy

I use my iPad and for the life of me I can’t find the Edit button. I’m forever making mistakes. It may be looking me straight in the eye but ………

Hope new treatment goes well

Jean

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Andy

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing problems. I’m back to work on Tuesday and will look into these issues. We will get the iPad issues resolved.

Regards

Stuart

andyg
    Participant

Hi Jean
    The edit button is to the left of the reply button – oh it’s not there now!
    Hmmm maybe you only have a limited time to edit posts on a iPad.
    Time to dust down the laptop again?

Andy x

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Andy / Jean

There is a time limit set for how long a message can be edited. This is set by default to 1 hour. I’ve increased it to 5 days which should give everyone plenty of time.

I’ve also removed a couple of things that are designed to speed up page loading which I think have been causing a few issues with people appearing to be signed out until the page was refreshed.

Andy – I managed to get hold of an iPad over Christmas and I’ve seen the issue when editing a post. It seems like the text is there but it’s white text on a white background! I’ll look into getting that changed as soon as possible.

Regards
    Stuart

webteam
    Keymaster

For those experiencing difficulties with the right hand side of forum posts being cropped that issue should be resolved now

Stuart

comfortablynumb
    Participant

Hi. How do I restore my Avatar and where can I find my profile please? It seems to now be empty.

comfortablynumb
    Participant

Avatar seems okay now. But still can’t see where my personal info in my Profile has gone.

And my username has gone weird.

And when I try to edit a post, the old text disappears.

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi John

Your profile info can be found by clicking “Your Account” underneath your username at the top of the page. You can then click “Edit” to change your description.

There are two problems I’m aware of that I’m trying to fix asap.

1) The text in the edit box on an iPad is missing (I think it’s actually white text on a white background)
    2) The avatar upload will not accept jpegs which is crazy as it’s the most common format for photographs. FIXED

Please bear with me while I get these issues sorted out and let me know of any other issues that you come across.

Regards
    Stuart
    Myeloma UK WebTeam

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by  webteam.
    • This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by  webteam.

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Folks

For those of you using an iPad can you tell me what version of the operating software you are using please?

This can be found from the iPad settings menu by choosing ‘General’ and ‘About’ this will list various info, amongst this is the version no. – on the one I have borrowed it says 7.0.3 (11B511)

This information will help me work out what is going on.

Regards

Stuart

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hi Stuart,

My version I’m using is 7.0.4 (11b554a) hope this helps

Regards liz

andyg
    Participant

Hi Stuart.
    Mine is the same operating system as Liz’s.

Andy.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by  andyg.

Helen
    Participant

Hi Stuart
    I have the same IPad operating system as Andy and Liz .
    I don’t like the new site!
    I can’t log in easily…. I have to say I’ve lost my password each time. So I’m not looking or joining in as much as I used to as it is too much bother!
    I can’t scroll down easily
    I don’t like being a ‘participant'(especially as you have a different title! :-))
    The photos are fuzzy
    The ‘page’ for the discussion forum isn’t as ‘user friendly’ as before
    Other than that………..
    Helen

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Helen

I’m really sorry to hear you’re not having a good experience with the new website. I will be fixing the issue with fuzzy photos and “participant” very shortly but it’s the fact that you are being forced to change your password each time that concerns me most, as well as the scrolling problem. I’m trying to get my hands on an iPad at the moment so I can recreate the problems everyone is having and get them fixed.

Regards
    Stuart

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Stuart

My version is same as Liz and Andy and still can’t find edit button

Jean

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘New look website’ is closed to new replies.