New look website

This topic contains 66 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  webteam 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Folks

You may have noticed we’ve updated the website. Everyone here at Myeloma UK hopes you find the new site simple to navigate and the information easy to find.

We have updated the site as the previous technology wasn’t flexible enough for us to move forward with some of the new ideas we want to put in place in the coming year.  In addition, the new site is more cost effective, so the money saved can be directed towards our other programmes and services.

I’m sure you’ll all be pleased to hear we’ve also implemented some great anti-spam software which should keep the Forum free of those annoying adverts that have been plaguing us recently.

The only thing you will have to do is reset your password. We were unable to copy the passwords as they were securely stored and for that reason could not be read by anyone. It’s a simple process, either click on the “Lost your password?” link when you try to sign in or visit http://www.myeloma.org.uk/lost-password. Enter your email address and follow the instructions contained in the email you will be sent.

We welcome any feedback you may have about the new site, which can be given by replying to this message or by emailing me at the usual address (webteam@myeloma.org.uk).

We  look forward to hearing from you all.

Regards

Stuart
    Myeloma UK WebTeam

meganjane
    Participant

Hi Stuart,

The new forum looks very nice. I was wondering if the blurbs we wrote about ourselves could still be found somewhere? On the old forum if you clicked on the picture (avatar) that people had you could see the info they had provided about themselves but I can’t seem to find anything similar on this new forum.

I often found this information helpful if people chose to provide it.

Thanks for your help.

Megan

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Megan

Thanks for the feedback. I will look into the blurbs and see why they haven’t been transferred across.

Regards
    Stuart

Michele
    Participant

It looks OK to me and if it helps keep the scummy spammers at bay, that’s a good thing.

The only thing I don’t like is being labelled a “participant”. Makes it sound as though I’m taking part in “It’s a Knockout” or some other sporty thing!!

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Michele

Yes it is a bit of an odd title. It’s the default for the forum software. I don’ t think we need it at all to be honest. I’ll look into removing it.

Thanks
    Stuart

webteam
    Keymaster

Megan. I have now re-instated the blurb on the profile. If you click on someone’s avatar and then on the profile tab you will see what they have written about themselves. You can edit your own description by clicking the Edit button. Hope this helps.

Regards
    Stuart

meganjane
    Participant

Thanks Stuart, I do find them helpful, especially my own – so Phil and I can keep track of what has happened since his diagnosis 🙂

Megan

andyg
    Participant

Hi Stuart.
    The new web site looks great.
    Now the bad bit. – I find scrolling through the posts on the forum very slow and it’s very difficult to edit a post. I’m using an iPad. I haven’t tried it out in my PC yet though I will give it a go when I’ve dusted the cobwebs of that ancient piece of machinery.
    I’m not blaming your work just wondering if it’s an iPad thing or a my iPad thing and I need to ask Santa for a new one for Xmas 😀
    Thanks

• This reply was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by  andyg.

meganjane
    Participant

Hello Stuart and Andy,

You are not alone Andy :-). On the iPad the forum has slowed for me as well and I often get an Internal Server error when I try and read a post. I have also found that it is now not really possible to view or post things using my blackberry unless I am very patient, the old forum worked fine on my phone but I thought maybe it was the age of my blackberry that was the problem. I haven’t tried it on a PC yet.

Megan

Carolsymons
    Participant

I use an ipad and also get the internal error notice…annoying! Also frustrating having to remember to click the box each time I post to be notified of follow up replies by email.

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Andy, Megan and Carol

Really sorry to hear you’ve been having these issues. I’m sure there will be a solution as this forum software is quite widely used and I can’t see the programmers neglecting the iPad market as it’s pretty large. Please bear with me while I investigate.

Carol – You are absolutely right, that is annoying. I have been looking into a solution and it looks like a fairly easy thing to fix. I will try this on our testing site and if all goes well add to this site very soon.

Thank you all for the feedback, it’s really important to us that we provide the best possible website, so it’s a huge help.

If you have any other problems or questions please reply to this thread or drop me an email.

Stuart

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Carol

I’ve changed the default for the checkbox. Still investigating the slow iPad issue.

Regards
    Stuart

Carolsymons
    Participant

Twice this morning only part of my post has been published….very frustrating especially after a sleepless night in hospital!

Carol

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Carol

I’m really sorry to hear you’re having major problems and I can only apologise. I really want to get to the bottom of this. Can you please describe what happened when you posted the message. Did you receive any error messages or did it look like everything had worked but your message was simply truncated?

Can you also tell me what type of iPad you have? The more information I can get the better really as it’s difficult to work out what is happening without witnessing it first hand. I am going to try to borrow an iPad and see if I can recreate your problem.

Sorry about all this.

Regards
    Stuart

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hi just thought I’d let you know I have a iPad 2 and finding it very frustrating scrolling down it seems to be sticking! If you know what I mean?

Regards liz

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘New look website’ is closed to new replies.