New look website

This topic contains 66 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  webteam 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author

jmsmyth
    Participant

Stuart immediately tried to edit above post and no Edit button
    Jean

irondylis
    Participant

Hmm. It should be on the right hand side of your post just underneath Favourite|Subscript next to the Reply button. It is a bit hard to see, grey on grey but if it’s definitely not there then I will add this to the list to investigate.

Regards
    Stuart

jmsmyth
    Participant

Stuart closed iPad down and restarted again and there it was. Thanks

Jean

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Jean

Well that’s something. Can you try editing your post and see if you get the problem where you can’t see the text you are trying to edit please?

Thanks
    Stuart

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by  webteam.

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Everyone

For those having trouble with the Edit function. There are 2 tabs on the edit box, one says “Visual” and the other “Text”. It seems the iPad is defaulting to “Text” which is causing a problem. I’m looking into getting this changed to default to “Visual”. In the meantime you should be able to see the text by changing to the “Visual” tab. This should be fixed shortly.

Regards
    Stuart

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Folks

The website has now been updated so it resizes the profile pictures correctly for the forum. Unfortunately I can’t tell who has recently updated their picture and who hasn’t so I don’t want to overwrite everyone’s picture with the version from the old site.

This means it’s a great opportunity for you to update your profile picture for the New Year!

Or you can let me know and I’ll find your old one and update it manually for you.

Sorry again about the problems. I’m working through them as quickly as I can.

Regards
    Stuart

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Stuart

Went into a post that I submitted and pressed edit button it brought me into my post but when I clicked to add something the complete post was selected and disappeared. When I closed down and reopened it post was there but couldn’t edit. I posted it yesterday, maybe to much time passed to allow editing

Regards Jean

jmsmyth
    Participant

Stuart tried to edit above post right away and it through me out. Don’t know what I’m doing wrong

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by  jmsmyth. Reason: Threw me out

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Jean. You’re not doing anything wrong. There is a problem with the website when it’s used on an iPad. We will get this fixed, it’s just taking longer than I would like.

Stuart

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hi Stuart,

Just to let you know I’ve managed to load my avatar successfully! Apologys if it’s too scary!
    LOL! Scrolling is still sticky though.

Regards liz

Ang287
    Participant

Hi
    I am now having problems entering the treatment discussion forum although I can now see the right hand side of the page completely again. I wanted to wish someone good luck for his SCT tomorrow but when I go into the “treatment” discussion forum it logs me out. I then log in, go to discussion forum and it logs me out again. However, I could post something on the “under 50’s” discussion forum with no problems at all. Have you any idea why I cannot enter a discussion forum on treatment on a forum I have been on regularly recently?
    Thanks, Angela

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Angela

Can you try holding down the CTRL key and pressing F5 on your keyboard. This will force your computer to refresh the website.

Thanks

Stuart

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Folks

In order to update your profile picture click “Your account” underneath your username at the top of the page. There is then a link that says “Change Avatar”. Click that and upload a new image. Avatar is just the standard web term for your profile picture. For those who are interested:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(computing)

Hope that helps
    Stuart

jmsmyth
    Participant

Sorry Stuart but site mis-behaving again. I posted to Sarah on newcomers. When I posted I went into post to fix errors. Only half post was there and when I clicked on it – it highlighted itself and disappeared. When I reopened it half the post was back. Tried a few times with the same result

jmsmyth
    Participant

Stuart same with this post. Last line missing

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘New look website’ is closed to new replies.