New look website

This topic contains 66 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  webteam 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Liz. Thanks for the info and sorry you are also having troubles. I’m trying to get hold of an iPad 2 to see if I can solve the problem. It’s rather tricky to fix unless I can replicate the problem here. There are a number of possibilities I’m looking at so please bear with me while I find a solution.

Regards
    Stuart

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Liz, Andy, Megan and Carol.

I’ve made a few tweeks to the way we serve up the website content. Can you tell me if this has made any difference to the speed issues you are experiencing? I suspect there is more we can do but I thought I’d try the quick easy fixes first to see if they helped.

Regards
    Stuart

meganjane
    Participant

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for trying to fix it for us, it seems better on my iPad now – quicker, the scrolling is not as jerky and no Internal Server errors.

Megan

meganjane
    Participant

Hi Stuart,

I posted a reply to PeteSilver on my blackberry this morning and although it was very, very slow it worked fine but I have just tried to post a response to Greg on the Info Please! thread using my iPad in the Treatment forum and it does not appear but when I try and post it again I am told there is a duplication error and my post will not let itself be submitted. Is it lost in cyberspace somewhere? The iPad is quicker though 🙂

Megan

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Megan

Your reply to Greg had been marked as spam. I’ve marked it as safe and it’s now appearing on the forum. The new spam system learns what is and what isn’t spam over time, so we should see fewer and fewer mistakes happening. I think it would be a sensible idea to have a message telling someone if their post has been reported as spam so they know what’s happening. I’m looking into this.

I’m glad to hear the iPad is running a bit quicker. I am still looking at further speed improvements but I’m taking them slowly as they need proper testing, I really don’t want to do something that will break the site.

Thanks for reporting your problem
    Stuart

meganjane
    Participant

Thanks Stuart, it is good to know the new spam filter is working! If it happens should we let you know or do you check the spam filter to find anything that isn’t spam and then post it for us?

Megan

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Megan

I’m more than happy for you to email me whenever you run into any issues with the website. I try to keep an eye on the spam filter but some days are busier than others so an email never hurts.

Stuart

susie
    Participant

Hi All,

Love the new website except for one thing, I’m missing some of the page on posts on the right side. It’s obscured and I don’t know why,so I can’t read all of the posts. Has anyone else had this problem.?

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Susie

Thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear you’re having a few issues. Would you be able to do me a favour and let me know what you are using to view the website? Are you on an iPad or a laptop/PC and which web browser you are using (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari etc). This will really help me get to the bottom of the issue.

Regards
    Stuart

tony
    Participant

Hi Susie & Stuart

I also miss part of posts on the hp desktop PC with 20inch wide screen monitor at work using internet explorer and laptop at home using chrome. I have had no problems with the ipad using safari.

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Tony
    Could you send me a screen capture of what you are seeing please. This would really help me diagnose the issue.
    Regards
    Stuart

Ang287
    Participant

Hi
    My problem is that I can never read the end of each line – part of the right hand side of any postings is not available for me to read so I only ever read 3/4 of the line and am missing parts. Do I have to alter any of my settings. I have also tried the new website at work but can no longer access the site there as I used to be able to in my lunch break as when I do it is very slow and then hangs and I give up.

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi

For those of you missing the right hand end of the discussion posts it seems there is an issue with Internet Explorer 8. I will get this fixed when I return to work in the New Year. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Stuart

• This reply was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by  webteam.

andyg
    Participant

Hi Stuart
    Sorry to say the new look website still isn’t a great experience on an iPad. I very rarely use my PC or laptop now as all of my internet browsing is done via my iPad. The scrolling issue has improved since my last post. I managed to sign in today but when I went to the newcomers posts I was signed out! so could not contribute.
    I’m not one to hark back to the “good old days” but I will make an exception here.
    I’m sure it’s probably only a problem on iPads or Safari but in my opinion PC’s and laptops have had their day and smart phones and tablets are today’s tech for browsing the internet.

Frustrated Andy

meganjane
    Participant

Hi Stuart,

Just to confuse the IT issues a bit more I had the same problem Andy mentioned about logging in on Friday, I was on a Mac using Firefox. I was trying to post on the Newcomers forum only to be told I wasn’t logged in but when I went to log in again I was already logged in but when I went back to the Newcomers forum I was logged out. I resolved it by hitting the refresh button in Firefox numerous times and the forum finally decided to let me post.

Very strange.

Megan

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘New look website’ is closed to new replies.