New Need to talk

This topic contains 113 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  tmc 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 114 total)
  • Author

andyg
    Participant

Hi Eve
    I take my DEX just after breakfast – not that it makes much difference because some nights I'm wide awake and others I crash out. Today I was like a zombie all day just wanted to lie on the sofa with my eyes closed! Now I'm in bed I'm wide awake 🙁 Hopefully as soon as I put my phone down I'll nod off.
    Tomorrow is blood test day – with a bit of luck everything will be ok. I have been having problems with my potassium levels the last 2 weeks. Luckily the hospital is only 10 mins away it must be a nightmare for you and Slim to have to travel so far. I hope everything goes smoothly for Slim's sct.
    Take care
    Andy xx

eve
    Participant

Hi Andy
    my local hospital is Canterbury which is 15 miles away,but the nearest hospital for SCT is kings in London. That is were the problem lies for most people on the SE Coast,but as I said my daughter lives nr Sevenoaks,so Camping on her drive,I wonder how much she will charge me:-/

I do not know if its any help,Slim had low potassium ,and could not take the tablets,so banana,s were the order of the day,cannot stand them now:-P ,it did seem to work.
    Slim did resort to a pill to make him relax,it worked for Slim but had a bad effect on Dai,it made life a bit more normal for us instead of Slim asleep in chair and awake all night,sorry to say,it use to make me so angry,as my attitude was go to bed!!!!,and he was trying to stay awake,so we spent sometime together.:-( ,Love Eve

eve
    Participant

Hi Teresa
    I had problems posting that picture,I tried one of Slim and me sitting together,and just got his ear and mine,resorted to dog as only picture i could fit in,there are instructions on how to do it at the start,the web team will help you,you can contact them by E Mail,or someone reading this might come on board with a solution.
    I get told off all the time by my daughter,for saying I am lucky,I look at my life and compare it with what other people go through,.So I suppose its how you,decide what is important in your life.I see LUCK more on human terms,so many people,with ill health,young and old,who have not had any chance of living a normal life.I should explain my eldest grandson,has a sever form of CP it effects all his body,but intellectually he is very bright,he cannot speak and is registered blind,not the life I would have chosen for my daughter or grandson,the incompetent midwife did that.After admitting liability the NHS retired her on a pension,so that,s my definition on Luck.Eve

andyg
    Participant

Hi Teresa
    I hope the hospital visit goes/went well. I was. At hospital today hmm yesterday now for blood tests. They came back ok. Though I did have a raised temperature – more pills to take.
    I enjoyed reading your son in laws brewery website it's well set up and informative.
    I'm happy to see he's brewing Belgian beers they are a particular favourite of mine. I travel to Belgium often – recently twice a year it's a lovely place with lovely people and wonderful beers. I've been going over with friends from our running club for over 10 years annually in june under the pretext of running races but really for the beer. I won't be going this year for obvious reasons. I may make the second trip which is usually December with my wife brother and sister in law, fingers crossed, for the Xmas markets! Well for the beer for my brother and I 😉
    Good luck at the hospital I will be thinking of you both.
    Andy xx

Perkymite
    Participant

Dia has posted a good walk through on posting a picture, it is nmow under General.

Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

Helen
    Participant

Hi Teresa
    How did the hospital visit go?
    Love Helen

Helen
    Participant

Eve I will think of you while I'm there Helen

eve
    Participant

Helen
    You just go and have a wonderful time,if you have not seen your sister for a long time you are going to find it very emotional too.Love Eve

tmc
    Participant

Hi Helen, Eve, Andy, Dai, Mavis, Gill, Bridgit, and every one else who has answered my post or read them.
    I will answer individually later in the week,
    We went to our appointment on Tuesday and haven't stopped crying since.
    Had the saddest worst news ever.We always knew this disease was terminal but when we were given a date it really hit home.
    So thanks for everything will be back during the week in a better mood. Just not sure what to do now? tell the children tell others? buy a headstone tell the insurance I just don't know and will have to be a bit calmer before doing anything.
    Love Teresa.

eve
    Participant

Hi Teresa

My thought are with you,do not bother replying individually unless it helps you,we all have some idea what you are going through at this time.

This is a very sad time for you and your family,enjoy ever day as much as you can,and any time you feel like unburdening yourself,if you do not want to do it through the site,lots of us have an e mail on are profile if this is any help.Love Eve

Helen
    Participant

Dear Teresa
    I can not even imagine how you must be feeling right now, life is so unfair sometimes, I will think of you, Peter and your family over the coming days. God give you courage my cyber friend.
    Love Helen

andyg
    Participant

Dear Teresa and Pete.
    We are so sorry to hear your dreadful news. It knocked the wind from my sails. I don't know what to say other than you are all in our thoughts and we hope that you knowing that can in someway help. There's no need to reply but I do hope you get this message.

Lots of love and good wishes.
    Andy and Steph XX

tmc
    Participant

Hi Andy
    I hope my pic has gone and you can read this. It was so annoying trying to read through the photos. I do hope your raised temp was nothing to be concerned about and it is back to normal now?
    So glad you like the bellwoods brewery website and the fact that they have Belgian beers on hand(or maybe that's tap?) I do hope you can get back in December and have a pint for my son in law Luke. He would love to go to Belgium and maybe one day he will. It is such a journey for him and now with the new brew pub and a small family it seems a long way off. On a positive note the brew pub has taken off and they are doing really well Long may it last and then maybe my daughter can stop working and stay home with her little boys, When a disease like MM takes hold and then turns nasty everything in life takes on a whole new meaning and we realize we are here for such a short time.Love Teresa and wishing you good health for a long time to come

tmc
    Participant

Hi Eve
    yes you certainly have a real definition on luck. I have replied to you on the other site and will say again how sad and sorry I am to hear about your dear little grandson.
    I know you are a career and your husband has MM just like mine. So we know what we go through everyday. I do hope Slim will have his SCT soon when you are both recovered and strong enough to go through with it.
    I think about you and wonder if some of your days are trying and how you cope and stay strong. We think we are so prepared and then along comes another force and topples us over.
    Sending good thoughts and positive feelings to you
    Love Teresa

tmc
    Participant

Hi Helen
    Hi Andy
    Hi Eve
    I think I have caught up and answered your individual notes to me, hope I have anyway.
    I like the name cyber friend it is so lovely.
    Have had a busy week at the hospital everyday and a few nights as well. The doc insisted Peter have radiation everyday to help with the pain from his broken ribs. The ribs on the other side aren't so bad so he can decide when to go back for more radiation on that side. The pain meds have been sorted out and a nurse comes to give eprex injections, they also want a paliative care doc to come to the house but Peter says he would rather go to the hospital (albeit in a wheelchair) as he isn't there yet! Luckily he has his bloody minded hat on and insists he will hang around until our son has his first baby in September. Here's hoping the will is greater than the MM. The shock is wearing off and we are just getting on with it as you do and can even joke about things now.
    So glad you are all out htere and we can continue our little chats,
    Helen have a great time in Auckland? are you going soon??
    Take care and love from Teresa.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘New Need to talk’ is closed to new replies.