REVVING UP FOR SCT!

This topic contains 119 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 120 total)
  • Author

bikerchris
    Participant

HI Vicky and Colin, we must have been writing at the same time!
    Very best of luck for Monday, I am right behind you (or in front I s'pose :-/ ).
    I don't remember any prison visits in the old Dallas, but the fighting is much the same! Enjoy!
    Chris x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Chris

Great to hear that things aren't too bad. Hope it continues ad you are up and running soon

Vikki and Colin good luck for Monday. Sending you good vibes

Love Jean x

tom
    Participant

Hi Chris
    Looking Great My Friend 😀 its not started yet I dont think as and when you cant drink ask for the drip to be put back (I did) its bloomin hard to drink as much as you need and i found it better to use the line for mine for a day or two 😀 Just dont forget to unplug it before you get that need to dash to the loo ha ha I did many a time lol.

Keep strong and stay well.
    And Same yo you two Vicki and Colin

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" and near 3 years in front of you guys 😎 xxx

foxy555
    Participant

Hi Chris

Great to hear you are feeling ok and sounding so positive, take care!

Vicki and Colin

Best wishes for Monday, will be thinking of you both

Love

Ann and Pete
    xx

Vicki
    Participant

Hi chris,

Hope things are going ok….keep yourself occupied and counting the days till out.

No need to brag Tom, 3 years ahead indeed 🙂

We're getting a bit nervous now. Bits and pieces being charged up and gathered to keep Colin occupied whilst in hospital. I'll start a new thread for Colins SCT update as the other one is turning into war and peace!

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement, roll on three weeks when hopefully Colin will be home again x

Vicki and Colin x

Ps hope the appointment went well ann and pete, is is it this weeks, confused.com! 🙂

tom
    Participant

Hi Vicki

I was always told "If you have it Flaunt It" so here I am near three years on and waiting for you all to be the same as i then we can "Flaunt it" to all the newbie's.

Love One "Three year on (near) Tom "Onwards and upwards" good Luck for Monday, I was out on Day 16 lets see if Colin can match it 🙂 xxxx

Vicki
    Participant

Hey chris,

Im glad things are going ok, and you're feeling reasonable. Get that fluid in, I'm with Lena……Colin will tell you I nag him about drinking plenty (no not alcohol) :-), so will be on the same track as Lena!. Colin will be reading the posts too and will have the iPad in hospital to keep him in touch with the outside world!

Hey Tom, hope we can give you a run for your money, we'll see. Keep all crossed and roll on a month when we can start real recuperation!

Take care all. New thread will start tomorrow but don't want to tempt fate if no bed was available 🙁

Vicki and Colin x

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Chris and Lena,

Just wanted to say Hi and hope that the SCT is going well. Hope those little cells are now starting to do their magic as your old, no longer required marrow disappears 🙂

Hope the runny tummy etc is not too bad. Post if you can. Colin is now underway so he's not too far behind 🙂

Vicki

bikerchris
    Participant

Big Hi to everyone reading this! Sorry I've been quiet for a few days, but I have found it takes a big effort to plan to do anything much other than gaze at the TV, which isn't all bad I guess, a chance for a rest.
    It is now a week tomorrow since I had the Melfalan, and my mouth is like the bottom of the proverbial parrot cage/badger sett! I am on 3 types of mouthwash, each tasting worse than the next, but in reality I have not been sick which is good. I did puke some of my lunch today, but that was more from a reaction to some particularly vile vegetables in my lunch, and I carried on and ate my pud (how gross is that!)
    I have found that I like horlicks, milk, cheese sandwiches, and jelly from tesco.
    I have been in isolation since Sunday which has been much nicer, quieter, easier to go to the loo, so better all round.
    The doctors and nurses are being great, and I even had reflexology today – a treat indeed! (but no substitute for my wifes massage!).
    Time is dragging a bit now after 10 days, but they say I may have anouther 2 weeks, so we will grin and bear it. Lena has been a real star keeping an eye on me and beeing here even when I have been asleep, which is a lot.
    love and good luck to you all, Chris xx

Vicki
    Participant

Hey chris,

Thanks for the good wishes and hope that things are going well for you. It seems you are being looked after well so that's good. Hope Lena is doing ok. It's hard work watching someone sleep you know!. I'm doing the same ha ha!

Colins neutrophil count went up(is that right) after the melphalan. Typical,considering he could,not mobilise for the stem cells before! Hope you are getting close to zero now so that you can start the big leap back up. It seems from other posts there is life after SCT you know!

Take care and tune in when you can to let us know how you are doing x

Vicki 🙂

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Chris,

Just tuning in to give you a bit of moral support. Hope you are not feeling too rough. Sorry the time is dragging but hey no pain no gain. Soon to out and about again.We are thinking of you x

Take care

Vicki 🙂

bikerchris
    Participant

Hi Everyone in the 'real world', and particularly Vicky and Colin for the message today.
    I am probably at my lowest point now according to the doctors, being 10 days after the Melphalan, and I am beginning to feel a bit better. The main problem is that I write one e-mail then sleep for about 2 hours, so things happen very slowly!
    The main side effect has been my mouth which is quite sore, and why I havn't been eating much, but hopefully that will improve soon.
    I have had no sickness or runs, so I have been pretty lucky (my food voms don't count), so stick with it Colin, and you may find the same.:-)
    Lena has just brought me in the new Kylie CD – really enjoying that, and keeping up with Dallas (10/10!), and I am up on all the latest films and events thanks to the telly!
    I have loads of visitors booked in this weekend including my daughter coming down from Manchester Uni, so I am excited about seeing her.
    My netrophils are now hovering around 0.01/0.02, and like Colin they rose a bit before falling initially, so I am watching them like a hawk for when they start rising again.
    Keep smiling everyone 😀
    Love Chris

adamsp41
    Participant

Hi Chris…well done young man…keep up the good work…I suffered badly with Mucositis and vomiting and the trots and had no food or fluid orally for about 11 days…and …tried all the mouthwashes and a gargling solution to alleviate the discomfort to no avail…what worked for me and may be worth a try was flat coca-cola…I used it as a mouthwash and it sure shifted all the "debris" from the mouth ulcers…stay positive and enjoy your extended TV viewing…Phil

Ali
    Participant

Hi Chris

Well, the only way is up! Sorry to hear about your sore mouth:-(

I went to get the Kylie cd yesterday and I think its great, lovely to snooze to if you know what I mean (a bit lullabyish) Glad to hear you have been keeping up with Dallas 10/10 from me too.

It wont be long now until your on the up.

Love Ali x

tom
    Participant

Hi Chris

Well its working and I hope you dont get the "Trots" but am sure you will he he.
    My trots dint just stop when I left hospital so be warned.

The sleep is good for you I spent 5 days asleep and some time woke up to find a not from Elaine saying she had been Lol

Keep it Going Chris not long now.

Tom "Onwards and upwards" x

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘REVVING UP FOR SCT!’ is closed to new replies.