Seen surgeon but things didn't go his way

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  zasrs 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Roz
    Participant

Hi All,

Sorry for missing a while, family problems, pc broke down had to buy new one and had to see surgeon about Michaels arm.
    The surgeon came 2 hrs later than we arranged. He said Michael could come off antibiotics, all the infection had gone, he didn't need operation and he could start coming home………. BUT as soon as antibiotics were reduced Michael got A big abcess on his arm and its swelling up again. So now Michael has been moved to the other hospital, having it drained and all. Then it's got to be decided what to do for the future cos once antibiotics are reduced never mind stopped, his arm gets infected and it starts again. So don't know what the future is as yet. I may be on my own for xmas!!

Roz

shirley
    Participant

Hi Roz,life seems so unfair for you and Micheal once again,must be awful thinking he's almost there and looking forward to coming home again and then gets another blow,poor Micheal he must be so frustated,as always Roz you stay strong,and hopefully Micheal will be home soon even in time for xmas,take care Shirley x x

Perkymite
    Participant

Chin up Roz, another B****y hill you have to climb:-( . My wife and I will be on our own this Christmas, no children or grandchildren this year and whilst I will not be totally on my own I know how you feel. I will be on the web on Xmas Day so log on and we can at least say happy Christmas to each other:-D

Min
    Participant

Hi Roz
    Im so pleased your back I was getting worried about you and Michael:-S
    Lots can happen between now and Christmas, and they usually let people come home for a few days over christmas from hospital, so keep your fingers crossed and I will cross my toes for you;-)
    We will be staying at home for the holiday as peter has Velcade on xmas eve and dex. then Dex on Christmas day. Joy of Joys:-(
    Decided not to inflict his mood(s) on the family or grandchildren just in case.
    If your alone will chat then.
    Min

brocho
    Participant

Hi Roz sorry to hear poor Michael has had another setback Poor man he must be desperate to get home, hopefully they will get to the bottom of this infection really soon As Min says they are likely to let him come home for xmas if he is still in there Hang in there Eoz you and Michael must be due some good luck soon love Bridget x

Roz
    Participant

Thanks all

Phoned the other hospital last night to see how Michael is, and how long he will be there; due to me finding it hard to visit. While he is in a awkward hospital, (Its hills and more hills, not suitable for wheelchairs)
    Anyway they didn't drain it as planned they did another ultra sound!! The sister on the ward said no idea how long he is there for because they have not decided what to do with his arm yet!! So if it's the op then I'll have to struggle and hurt myself somemore cos he won't cope for days on end without me and any family there.

All the best to you all, Hope you don't have too much trouble with the velcade and dex:-) over xmas Min, Hope Peter behaves himself and gives a bit of peace.:-0

Love Roz

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Roz,

Good grief girl, you and Michael are certainly getting a rough ride; a real roller coaster of mights, maybes, ifs, whens and dependings. I appreciate what you say about the bad access, it sounds like a real, actual pain for you.

I am still crossing everything in sight that all this finally leads to your getting Michael home for a period of rest, recovery and an acceptable period of remission – you deserve it, you really do, both of you.

Hugs a plenty
    Dai. xxx

michelleakitt29
    Participant

Hi Roz

Omg you are having a rough time with michael, but it is good to hear from you, was getting concerned that you had not posted. where have they moved michael to Northern General or Weston park? Really cant understand what is happening with his arm tho, surely someone should know what to do with it!? keep ur chin up

with love michelle x x

Min
    Participant

Roz
    Just a thought, have you both considered getting a second opinion? A few of the people on here have had experience of Dr's who are not up to the job! That is not to take anything away from the excelent ones we now have but Dai's treatment in Wales is a prime example of one.Peters problems with his kidney Dr another.
    One wonders if a second opinion would be a good idea.
    Min

Roz
    Participant

Hi All
    Thanks for replying. Michael has moved to Northeren General Michelle just for op then back to Hallamshire.
    He had op yesterday, the staff just tell me he is doing fine. Michael doesn't answer his mobile. So I'm no wiser to when he goes back to Hallamshire to be retreated for his myeloma.

Let you know how things go when I find out.
    All the best to you all
    Roz

michelleakitt29
    Participant

Hi Roz
    Glad he has had op now, i understand what you mean about the Northern tho for the wheelchairs for that hospital it is rather hilly!! Hopefully it wont be long before they transfer him back to hallamshire.
    yes defo keep us posted.
    with much love michelle x x

Elizellen
    Participant

Hi Roz!!

There were times when I was in hospital that i ignored my mobile and didn't respond as I didn't feel like talking to anyone, so don't read too much into Michael not picking up.

The staff should be able to keep you informed as to when he is to be sent back to the Hallamshire, as probably they will know more about it than he does, so don't hesitate to ask them.

Sending you some cyberhugs
    {{{{{Roz}}}}}

Elizabeth
    XX
    X

DaiCro
    Participant

[quote]He had op yesterday, the staff just tell me he is doing fine. [/quote]

Hallelujah! At least (and at last) things are finally moving Roz. A decision was made, Michael's gone along with it and even as I write and you read his arm is responding and recovering to and from the surgery.

In my big picture for you and Michael it is Christmas and Michael is home and you both have a plan to work to – chemo, recovery, remission. Baby steps but steps nonetheless.

Much love and positive thoughts

Dai.

Roz
    Participant

Hi All

Been to see Michael today. He is back at Hallamshire. He is not in the haemotolagy ward though cos they are full up. [b]He is not very good at all[/b] got more infections plus not drinking so you all know the confusion he is giving. I think I'm loosing him and I'm scared.

All the best to you all
    Roz

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Roz

I am so sorry to hear about all the terrible time you and michael are having thinking of you both and many cyber hugs to you both.

love sarah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Seen surgeon but things didn't go his way’ is closed to new replies.