We have reached the end of our battle

This topic contains 18 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  wendy 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Nicola2708
    Participant

tonight we our preparing to say goodbye to my dad as of this afternoon, the doctors have revoked all active treatments. Dads kidneys have now going in to failure and theres nothing they can do. Were trying to get him home, but been told it will be 48hrs because its the weekend. We dont think he will hold out that long. I would like to thank everyone for there help and support on here over the last few months. Just cant beleive its only been 7mths since he was diagnosed and the end is here.Im not ready to say goodbye, Love you dad always and forever.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

brocho
    Participant

Dear Nicola I am so sorry it seems so unfair that you are going to lose him to this rotten illness after swuch a short time. I hope you can get him home but if you cant he will have the most important people in his life with him and will know how how much he is loved Your dad will never leave you , he will always be in your heart , wherever you are love Bridget x

Helen
    Participant

Oh Nicola how unbearably sad for you all, stay with him as much as you can over the next few days. I do hope you can get him home. It has been such a short time for him, such aggressive disease. I am sorry
    Thinking of you
    Love Helen

Nicola2708
    Participant

thank you bridget and helen,

Im really quite frightened and dad looks really scared in eyes, Cant belive how quick its happened. we wont be leaving him. we wont to to do all the care our selfs. thank you for your ongoing support. xxx

tom
    Participant

Dear Nicola

I am so sorry your Dad has got to this stage so fast, My thought's are with you and your Family at this sad Time.

Please Take Care

Love and Hugs to you all
    Tom xxxx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Dear Nicola

I am so sorry to hear the news about your dad. I hope that you get him home. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this terrible time
    Love Jean xx

DaiCro
    Participant

Dear Nicola,

You must feel desperately cheated that your Dad has not had the chance to fight his way through the available treatments… and your Dad will be feeling the same. I am sure that there are many of us here who know that there were times of touch and go for us… but we got the chance to move on.

Even at this seemingly late stage I will hope and pray that something turns in his favour.

Much love to you and all of yours.. especially your Dad.

Dai.

Nicola2708
    Participant

Dads now receiving pathway care, no more medical intervention. All tubes have been removed. We just waiting cx thank you love to you all x

Gill
    Participant

I am so sorry that your dad has reached this stage of mm so quickly. Love and prayers for you and your family Gill x

adamsp41
    Participant

Dear Nicola…there is nothing one can say at this tragic time but our thoughts and love are with you and your family…Phil & Jan xx

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear Nicola

Just caught up with your very sad post. If they have put your Dad on the pathway the end must be near. I do hope he goes gently, suurounded as he is, by those who love him.

May God bless you all. You are in my prayers too.

Much love.

Mavis xxx

wendy
    Participant

Dear Nicola
    I understand how you feel I lost my dad on the 20th December 2011 5 days before Christmas after 27 days in ITU.

He too had only had the illness from April 2011 we could not beleive what was happening or indeed what has happened – that we lost our most precious dad its so sereal!

Its still very raw and we cope the best way we know how only time and support will help ease the loss.

There is nothing I can say to ease the pain and sadness just try and remeber the good times and the things you have done and hopefully like me and my family the pain will ease.

God Bless
    Wendy x

Roz
    Participant

Dear Nicola,
    I'm so sorry that it has come to this so soon. I'm also so sorry for not replying sooner. I come on this site every now and then these days since Michael went in Dec 2010.
    I'm still raw but not like you are at this moment.
    Please try and remember your dad in the good days. I went and had some canvas's done and they are on my walls. I say to people I needed them because the person who died wasn't Michael that is Michael.
    I'm slowly getting there so I hope and pray you and your family will too.

Love and best wishes
    Roz xxx

Perkymite
    Participant

This is a difficult time for you and your family, try to concentrate on the good times of which I am sure there were many.

Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

tom
    Participant

Hi Nicola

Just wanted to send my thoughts to you, and hope you are all doing as well as you can.

Lots of Love and Hugs ((())))
    Tom xxxxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘We have reached the end of our battle’ is closed to new replies.