Where Are You ?

This topic contains 43 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  tom 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Glynj
    Participant

Hi everyone John and I live in Manchester.He was born in 1954 he is being treated at Manchester royal Dr Thalouli is his consultant .Hope everyone is well

DaiCro
    Participant

I'm glad we are doing this again. 😀

My name is Thomas David Crowther but apart from my mother (who calls me David) I am known as Dai…a Welsh diminutive of David. I am married to Janet and we live in a village 12 miles south-east of Nottingham. After 15 months of mis-diagnosis and. frankly, fourth-rate care, I finally saved my life by leaving my beloved Pembrokeshire and finding some wonderful medics here in the midlands.

We used to run a pub/restaurant and a story-tape publishing business in Fishguard but now I write full-time and at present I am at the delicate phase of contracting an agent for my first novel. The second is a work-in-progress.

I started my post Velcade remission in October and I hope it lasts until after the Olympics – I believe my consultant thinks that I am being optimistic… but we'll see.:-)

Dai.

kevin
    Participant

Hello all,
    My name is Kevin (aka Grumpy – I don't know why !!!!). Live in Gillingham in Kent and am 53. Diagnosed 5 years ago – CDT followed by SCT at Kings College Hospital London.
    Best wishes to all
    Kevin

Lynnie
    Participant

Hello All
    My name is Lynne, I'm 57 and I'm a carer for my husband John who is 64 and has Kappa Light Chain Myeloma (originally thought to be non secretory). We live in Whitstable, Kent and John is treated in Kent & Canterbury Hospital by Dr Lindsey. John's myeloma destroyed his kidneys last November and he's been on dialysis 3 times a week since then. He's currently on Revlamid and Dex and has recently had two lots of radiotherapy for pain in ribs and shoulder. Not been a good year but hey ho. We've recently become grandparents to a second granddaughter … two bright lights in our life – ain't kids just grand!!
    Best wishes, Lynne

OutdoorsPaul
    Participant

Hello
    I Like the idea of this developing thread of where we all are.My name is Paul(outdoors Paul) and i turn 40 in December(so propping up the younger end).I live on the Yorkshire/Lancashire Border and am receiving treatment in Halifax and St James Hospital Leeds (SCT).Currently on the RCD pathway and being lined up for SCT in Feb.
    take care all8-)

Helen
    Participant

I'm Helen and I'm in Newcastle, i was rejected from blood bank in october 2010 as I was anaemic and diagnosed myeloma in February 11, I've had the RCD arm of the myeloma xi trial, stem cell transplant in august and am in the revlimid maintenance arm from now, and I'm happy to say that I feel better now than I have for years, not back at work yet but probably soon. 😀

tom
    Participant

Hi Everyone

Well this one is kicking in nicely and for that I/we have Dai to thank for kicking it off on the othersite (the one i miss)

Roz four weeks where has the time gone Hugs sent ((((()))

Elizabeth now do you want to retire? am sure am not ready yet but come winter I will want to pack it all in your Stained Glass sounds great and am sure it will keep you busy.Ps Love the Hat

And Jo your age is irrelavant 64 is the new 40's you know, Yes I will stil love you I know you are Young at heart.

David, My Young Bride loves a glass of the Cider stuff and am partial to a small glass (not too much though) and as for the Black Stuff I cant touch it as it fills me up too much

Tina that is a great place to live am sure, never been but am sure it great.

Sarah, A farm Love the outside bit and long walks on a sunny day but if its Beasts farm IE Cows/pigs or even horse am outa their Lol wayy too big for my comfort zone Lol

Mari and Bridget, I know by reading all thes posts that we are all young at heart its just that at times we struggle to climb a hill or run for the bus lol but hey ho its still in our head and heart.

Hi glynis, City or United or shouldn't I as He he.

An Dai you know all about this thread as you so wisely started it in the other site Once again Dai Thanks its gonna be great

Hi Kevin as you are called "Grumpy" is that prior to your MM showing its ugly head or post MM, and am sure you aint "Grumpy" Lol

Hi Lynn and John, yes it doesn't sound like a good year you both have had but am sure the new Grandbaby will throw a lot of love and joy your way, we have 5 grandchildren and some time next year (date to be confirmed after 2nd scan) we await our 6th Grandchild, an I for one cant wait

Hi Paul Leeds my sons love to go to leeds shopping and for a nite out, they say its less bother and more fun than Scunthorpe?, I will try it one day, trying to think of the little hospital in leeds where I had my stem cells taken out?? seacroft or seafield not sure ??

Hi Helen and am told that Newcastle is the place to be for a night out?? it wont be long before you are back at work but dont rush

Great thread and a great responce

Tom "Onwards and Upards

zasrs
    Participant

Thanks for starting this post Tom, forgot to say that I was born in 1953, Gordon in 1952. he made it to 59 years old and was diagnosed in 2002, his treatment was at Eastbourne and Kings college london.
    All the best
    sarah
    ps I am trying to find a new picture,but i hate having my photo taken so may take some time!!

tom
    Participant

Hi Sarah

The Thanks goes to the Young Dai Crowther 😎 as he started the Original thread on the old site, am sure you could sit still for two seconds while some one took your photo? me if I see a flash or hear a Camera shutter I turn my head to it with a great big smile Lol love the camera 🙂

Love
    ~
    Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

scott9
    Participant

Hi all,

It is interesting to see that everyone is pretty well spread all over the country. Myeloma is clearly totally random. I live in Purley, Surrey and go to London Bridge Hospital for the cancer and Kings for my kidneys (currently at about 20% function). I'm 58 now and hopefully will last another year or two.

Good luck to all.

Scott

Lynnie
    Participant

Hello Tom
    I just wanted to say how very lovely it was of you to answer each one of us. I don't often write on here but do read everyone's threads regularly and your smiley face and bright outlook on life always brings a smile to my face. That's just what we all need. Thank you.
    Best wishes, Lynne

tom
    Participant

Hi Lynne

And your Welcome, its my pleasure to pop on here and read folks posts and am pleased my post bring a bit of a smile to what is a hell of an illness, but I am the "Onwards and Upwards" type like most if not all of us on here yes we often have our Off Days but I or others soon perk those that need that little shove

I also used just one Post for all so as to save Ink Lol.

Elaine (my young Bride) and I had two Grandson's for the day Jack nearly four and Max just 8 Months old all gone home and now Elaine (the Young Bride) and I are having a little Vodka before we retire

Hi Scott Well am sure you will last a lot more than the two years, lots of new stuff getting nearer to us for use so stay strong

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" x

Min
    Participant

Thanks for the thread Dai /Tom
    I live in North Shields. Born in 1951. Peter was born in 1952 Like Gordon and he made it to 58yrs (my toy boy) who suffered for 2 and a half years before being overcome in August this year.
    I dont know how I would have managed without the support of my friends on here
    Love MIn

sandydeli
    Participant

Hi I'm in Keswick Cumbria age 55 local hospital Carlile but had my sct,at Freeman's Newcastle under prof. Jackson. It's 9 weeks since sct, hair growing back slowly (white) got called sir last week !!!!!! And also charged for a pensioners meal lol so that might be a good thing ?????
    Still getting the itchy spots and it's funny when I mention it to dr's they don't seem to have heard of anyone else have'in this problem !!!!
    Sandra.

Glynj
    Participant

Hi Tom its utd hope you all still write to us ha ha.Goin to hosp on fri next week for results of transplant.And to discuss the next one.It really is a lot to learn but you all help,Some big dissions soon so please keep writing x

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Where Are You ?’ is closed to new replies.