Where Are You ?

This topic contains 43 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  tom 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Roz
    Participant

Hi Tom,
    thanks for replying to one and all. This has been the longest yr and its still not sorted family wise, so your hug is great. Thankyou:-D

Michael was born 1953 so he lasted till 57 I think told you my brains a shed:-S

All the best to you all
    love
    Roz xx

OutdoorsPaul
    Participant

Hi Tom
    I am sure your sons are right in saying Leeds is more fun than Scunthorpe!:-) .I dont go to Leeds as I live on the yorks /Lancs border and Manchester is much closer to me.My SCT is being lined up at St James (jimmy's) in Leeds so its abit like going to the other side of the world to me!!I suspect it was Seacroft hospital you may have gone to.Have a good weekend:-D
    cheers Paul

tom
    Participant

Hi Min my you made me giggle re your "Toy Boy" as I told Elaine that when "Toy Boys2 were invented I was too bloody old to be one ha ha, and its correct this site is a place full to the brim with help/advice and great support8-)

Hi Sandra, the hair growing back white? mine was white before SCT and when it did show its head it was Darker:-D I was happy with that but it dint want me to be too happy as it soon reverted to its normal color of Silver (some say white:-S )

Have a great week end wherever you may be 😎

Tom "Onwards and Upwards"

ps just spotted your Post Outdoors Paul yes Seacroft sound like thats the one M8 Ta

BADGER
    Participant

Hi Tom
    I tried to mail you but it keeps bouncing back is the mail address I have correct
    tlappin1@ntlworld.com if thats ok I will try again mine is mamajo.russell3@gmail.com
    Love jo

tom
    Participant

Hi Jo just sent you an Email and it has a .dot missing t.lappin1@ntlworld.com hope you get mine Jo and will hear from you soon

Love Tom xxx

Gillypearce
    Participant

Hello Tom – I haven't been on here for ages – for thems that don't no me I was born in 1955 (excellant vintage eh Tom !) and live in Chertsey in Surrey. I'm under my local hospital and UCLH and am 15 months post SCT and (fingers crossed) still treatment free and in remission. Last para protein was 7 which is fine. In cas its ages before I'm on here again MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE & A HEALTHY NEW YEAR !!!!

Lots of Love
    Gilly xxx

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Gilly,

Its great to hear from you and even better that you are still going strong in remission. I hope we don't hear from you till next Xmas.:-)

Dai.

tom
    Participant

Hi Gilly

As like us all its great to read your 15 months post transplant and doing great in remission 😎 Gilly are you not on Zometa or anything like that at the moment? I have to take it till 2 years post transplant and that will be up on the 22nd of this month 😎

Merry Xmas and a Truly Well New Year xxx

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

Gillypearce
    Participant

Hya Tom, I had about 9 sessions of Zometa before I had my transplant. Can't have it anymore coz I got osteonecrosis of the jaw – can you believe it only 3% chance of getting it and I had to be one of them !!!!! Half the trouble with this flippin illness are the side effects of the treatment. Never mind I'm still here and fighting. The only medication I'm on at the moment is lansoprazole for indigestion, aciclovir to stop me getting shingles again and gabapentin for the neuralgia Ive still got from the shingles I did get in February. Think I'm extremely lucky compared to some poor folks I read about on here.
    Onwards and Upwards xxx

Gilly

tom
    Participant

Hi Gill

Yep I remember your jaw problem on Face book, well av had the Zmeta now every four weeks for just over tw years now, I will be pleased when its (if) all done I hate the "Lets hunt a vein Lol"

Yep it would be better if the meds they gave you to make you better caused no side effects :-S

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hi Tom what a good idea Dai had, just to say kev and me were born in that vintage year 1955! Kevs 4 months post sct and doing ok we live in Nottingham and he's being treated at the nottm city hospital his consultant is proff: Russell and the whole team have been first class!!

Love liz & kev xx

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Liz & Kev,

I live in Aslockton, about 2 miles beyond Bingham off the A52. I am also being treated at the City Hospital and often sing its praises on here. 🙂

I see the Prof sometimes but my usual consultant is Doctor Cathy Williams whom I hold in the highest regard. A new Nottingham Support Group had an initial meeting at the end of October and will start meeting regularly in the New Year… I hope to meet up with you at a meeting.8-)

Regards,

Dai.

tom
    Participant

Hi Liz and Kev

And am sure you know 1955 is and was a great year He he sounds like you and Dai have a lot in common hope you both meet up soon

Love Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hello Dai, I had seen on previous threads that you attended the city hospital what a small world, aren't they a 1st class bunch of people in clinic and day case, kevs never been one for his patience but some how he keeps it In check! I think he surprised himself but they just treat you so nice and explain everything.
    We've got a lot of time for them and the Stirling job they do.

The meeting you mention Dai sounds interesting and hope to get along to one in the new year.

Love liz & kev xx

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Where Are You ?’ is closed to new replies.