CHRISTMAS

This topic contains 35 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  eve 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

eve
    Participant

Hi Everyone
    28 days to Christmas,does it feel like it ? have I started doing any shopping ?,the answer is no.I do not know why,as I enjoy Christmas although we are usually abroad for Christmas so it is less hectic.8-)
    Last year Slim was so ill he could not manage the starter so dinner never came,this year we are going to my daughters home,and I am looking forward to a better Christmas than last year,has to be after last year.:-P
    Is it the weather??? my daughter in nz tells me,it never feels like Christmas there.
    Has anyone any explanation? would like to know how everyone else feels.
    Love Eve

jmsmyth
    Participant

Morning Eve

I love Christmas and I have most of my shopping done!! It's not that I am that well organised, it is because we are having 22 for Christmas lunch and then a lot more people that night. The reason is our baby Steven (28)is getting Married on 27 December and God willing all of the family will be together – the first in a long time.

It feels like Christmas where we live – if it is cold in Belfast – it is bloo*dy freezing here – we live a bit up the hill.

So I am really looking forward to Christmas but I know Christmas has bad memories for some of our cyber friends.

Take care
    Love Jean x

eve
    Participant

Hi Jean
    It sounds if you are going to have a wonderful long Christmas,make the most of it,as the family get bigger they start to scatter,so make sure you have a wonderful Christmas.

The weather here is beautiful,as long as the sun is shining ,we go for at least 2 walks a day having the dog,and for the end of November it is wonderful.

I have decided Christmas shopping starts tomorrow,Slim starts his 6 cycle tomorrow with blood test so i think I can get away with a hours shopping!!:-P

Love Eve

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Eve

Yes really looking forward to having everyone here. After all my moaning we had a beautiful sunny day today – a bit cold but nice to see the sun.

Enjoy your shopping!!!!!!! Will be thinking of Slim and saying a wee prayer for him. Hope all goes well.

Love Jean x

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Eve
    The last few christmas's have seemed strange due to my parents and thier problems rather than meyloma! I have started shopping mainly fot the grangchildren (i just love them) three less presents to buy this year which will feel very odd.Gordon was always very unreliable with his shopping last year I had a little chopper to cut up the kindling! Another year i had a fish tank, which I didnt know I wanted that was 10 years ago and I still have it full of fish, in March the pump went and i thought goodie i can get rid of the tank, Gordon 'bless him' went and bouught me a new pump, oh joy, i can never get rid of it now, and i love my chopper! All the children + husband + wife + grandchildren are coming to me on christmas day although i told them to do what they wanted, there are other grandparents involved christmas can be a minefield.
    We have a frost here in south east beautiful.
    All the best Sarah

eve
    Participant

Hi Sarah
    I live about 40 min from you,and Deal is frost free,on are way to Canterbury this morning you could see frost in the small villages low down of the road,but otherwise this little corner of England tends to have French weather.

I am glad you are going to have all the family,its so important the first year,if your worried about the out laws you could invite them to,At my daughters the children will have both sets of grand parents there.
    You could always give the grandchildren an extra present from gran dad on the cloud,children might not say any thing but they are deep thinkers.They must miss him too.

I like your presents,I once got a ton of manure for my birthday,a spade to dig it in,Slims hopeless at presents I do all the presents some times even my own.its easier.
    He enlist the girls to help him with mine,my daughters tell me I am a hard person to keep a surprise from.I find it easier to use the same perfume and body sprays then they have something to fall back on.

Hope your coffee morning went well,and made lots of money for Myeloma UK.
    Now its getting a bit colder feel Christmas is starting.Love Eve

DaiCro
    Participant

For my first Xmas with Janet I bought her some hiking boots (purple and brown) and a set of waterproofs… my sister promised me that Janet would start distancing herself politely in the new year but she loved them. We took a cottage in Bakewell, Derbyshire for the post Xmas week (moved in on Boxing Day) and we went walking everyday… nothing too strenuous and each walk culminated in a pub lunch or early supper.

I met up with my band on New Years Eve and played a gig at a Labour Club in south Derby (Margaret Beckett was in attendance and we had a great gig) Janet enjoyed herself with the bands various wives and partners and the drive back to Bakewell at 3am through a magically silent and frosted world was beautiful… it remains one of my most favourite Xmases ever.

I love Xmas, unconditionally.:-)

Dai.

Roz
    Participant

Hi Jean

I hope you have a good few days together with the wedding and xmas. Yes I'm dreading it, last yr is a blear with him passing away, but I still want you all to have a good time. I've bought a few presents but everyone know I'm not up to celebrating so thats it really.
    I'm going to have some oak doors fitted, a new oak surround fire to match the doors and the room decorated. That will be weird cos Michael did all that being a decorator. Then the house will be done! New kitchen, new front door, new patio doors, new garden, new oak doors inside with beautiful gold/silver two toned handles and then the fire. New house nearly with no-one to share it with.
    All the best
    Roz

brocho
    Participant

Hi Jean I am glad you posted this because although I love Christmas I just havent got started this year, maybe I will get moving now ! Your family Christmas sounds wonderful, you will have a great time even if it is exhausting. Sarah I am so glad your family are all going to be with you too it will help I am sure My mother-in-law has invited everyone of our very large familt for boxing day , which is a bit of a tradition, the kids were really pleased she wanted to carry on this year even though grandad isnt here Your whacky presents made me smile too ! Jeff is a last minute before the shops close xmas eve type of shopper , so my present depends on which shop is open latest! Heres to a happy christmas for all of us Any minute now and I will start singing When Santa Got Stuck Up the Chimney Haha — too early for that yet !! love Bridget x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi All

Funny Christmas presents – had a good laugh!! On our first Christmas as newly weds, we lived in South Africa. Frank told me I had to wait in as my Christmas present was being delivered. I was so excited – couldn't wait. At last it arrived – it was a deep freezer!! Talk about disappointed. When Frank arrived in he asked if I liked the present, I said " yes it's lovely and for your present I'm getting you a dinner service". It never happened again.

Any other "funny presents"?
    Love Jean x

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Eve
    Due to some amazing friends, who did so much to contribute to the coffee morning we made £432 in 2 hours, the event was held in our beautiful wedding barn with little children up one end on tractors having a wonderful time inbetween eating cake and fighting!
    Dai your 1st christmas and new year with Janet sounded magical, bet you have never bought Janet a chopper for the firewood. Another present i had from gordon was a rotervator for the veg garden, it is so pwerful it takes me rather than the other way round!
    Best wishes all sarah

Perkymite
    Participant

I am not an "Ah Humbug" man and I do enjoy Christmas but the magic went somwhat when I discovered last year that my wife buys my Christmas present and it is not delivered by Father Christmas:-S 😀 😀

Kindest Regards – Vasbyte

David

Min
    Participant

I used to hate christmas and when anyone asked what I wanted I always said to cancel it. One year Peter was in the Falklands Emma was off somewhere hot and Tony was as sea and I was working . so about as cancelled as you can get. I changed my mind after that.
    A few years ago now we decided to go to the Maldives for Christmas. We didnt buy gifts as the holiday was our pressy and on Christmas day I forgot it was Christmas! But on Boxing day we had the Tsunami which kind of put a damper on our perfect Christmas.
    This year well, wait and see. Peter loved it and did OTT decorations etc and I almost feel like doing them in his memory, but he never ever let me decorate a tree so I will probably be useless at it.
    But dont let that stop everyone having a wonderful time, its a time for celebrations and families and children and over indulging and just go for it and enjoy. Life is too short not to.
    Love MIn

tom
    Participant

Now Christmas Wow what a time its great a lot better now we have 5 Grandkids, And to be fair its My Young Bride that buys all the Presents I know about the "Main present for them but all the Others I asked Elaine not to tell me what they are that way I enjoy the waiting and watching The Kids open up the ones i didn't know about Lol am just a big kid at heart.

Now best present that I got my young bride?? well that has to be a Dishwasher Lol she did want a big chopper but i put a block on that Lol

And Min you go ahead and trim up am sure the tree will look great 😀

Love Tom xx

eve
    Participant

Well Min this is the time to find out!!!!you do not know what you can do until you try.!!!!
    Dishwasher!!!! for a present,who was that for,any thing to get out of standing at the sink!!! my my Tom hang your head in shame,It,s nearly as bad as my hair removal gadget,its taken him years to live that one down LOL Eve

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘CHRISTMAS’ is closed to new replies.