HERE WE GO AGAIN !!

This topic contains 77 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • Author

kaychappers
    Participant

Hi Bridget just been reading all your posts. Like everyone I can't find the words but wanted to let u know I am thinking of you and will be praying that they find something that will help you. You are so positive and an inspiration to us all. You are always their with a kind word for others. Keep that positive attitude. Day at a time Love kay x

Debs
    Participant

Hi Bridget

I'm sorry to have read this….and sorry I haven't been on here for so long to have seen what you are going through. You are always such a strength to everyone, and such an inspiration….it is not fair that you are having to go through this.

I will keep hoping and praying that they come up with a new option for you, or like others have suggested that an old treatment comes good for you.

Take care
    Debs xxx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Debs thankyou and please dont be sorry for not seeing the post I have seen your facebook posts and its great to see you are getting back in the swing of things and feeling beeter than a few months ago So I am glad that you havent got time to come on here You are doing amazingly with your ball preparations I am totally in awe as I wouldnt know where or how to begin to plan such a huge event! I just know it will be a huge success Stay well Debs lots of love Bridget x

Roz
    Participant

Hi Bridget

So sorry about your news, but I'm glad about the other.
    I'm sorry I missed this earlier when I came and checked on you all. You all mean alot to me, so please try and keep strong. I'm so sorry it's happening to you again…It always happens to the good guys thats what I say now adays.
    I wish you all the best and hope and pray some good news comes your way soon.

Love you lots

Roz xxx

tom
    Participant

Hi Bridget

Hows you doing ?, hope your doing good and this now warmer weather is helping you 😎
    Am sure you are like me and love the warm weather 😎

I also hope you are drinking the Wine still πŸ˜€

Love and ((((hugs)))) sent for you Tom xxxx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Tom I am not too bad thanks You are so right about the warmer weather nothing makes me more miserable than being cold!! A little sunshine makes everyone happier , even getting served in a shop is nicer cos the staff smile back at you on a sunny day!! Unfortunately wine is a no-go for me , I havent had a drink since I was diagnosed 5 years ago , I darent with the high doses of morphine I would be under the table in 5 minutes flat!! So I think you should drink my share Tom it seems only fair!! Haha love to you and Elaine Bridget x

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Bridget,

You make me happy when skies are grey :-D. What a difference a few days of sunshine makes… I am hoping for a balmy, sunny, comfortable summer… for me, for you, for London and the olympics and for all those people who cannot get out and about and whose world revolves outside their window… seeing good weather is almost (but not quite) as good as feeling it.

I had a couple of small glasses of wine at Xmas but hardly anything at all last year and nothing this year whatsoever. I too am on daily, time released morphine (60mg x 2) but, for me, it is simply a case of not missing it.

Don't get me wrong, I love wine and I was both a member of CAMRA as well as an award winning, real-ale landlord… but it is no longer an important factor in my life… plain and simple… no plaudits wanted or needed, just a matter of fact. I think it helps that Janet has never been a lover of alcohol… in her case it just makes her ill… one glass of wine or a G&T at a social gathering and she is fine… she carries her glass around as an accessory… but two glasses and she is tipsy, three and she is genuinely ill… so t makes it very easy for me.:-)

I hope you and yours get through the winter and into spring with a little more warmth and direction than right now.

Much love xxx

Dai.

brocho
    Participant

Hi Dai I second that the world is definitely a nicer place for all of us if the sun shines!! Like you I dont miss alcohol To be honest I only drank on rare occasions , mainly because it acted like poison and caused 2 day hangovers from hell !! No problem when I was young and out all the time but my consumption dropped when I had children and it just wasnt wirth feeling rubbish The advantage of getting older is not having to keep up with everyone eles I am quite happy to say no thanks and enjoy myself in my own quiet way Thers a new study out that showed despite illness and decling health we are all happier as we get older, cheered me up no end !! love Bridget x

tom
    Participant

Hi all

And I third that, I used to like the cold and hate the warmth but since my SCT I find I am the otherway round, Cant get warm in winter and cant get enough heat in summer, I was always the one that said Gosh its Hot today Lol.

I have taken your Wine Bridget (hope it was red?) and also drinking your Vodka Lol.

I raise my glass for warmer weather soon xxxx

CarolBradley1
    Participant

Sorry to hear your news Bridget – boy you have been through the mill and you are always so brave and bright.
    Had my MRI last week as am having a lot of pain and weakness in one leg but they say itΒ΄s usual wear and tear and slipped disc damage. I am hoping that it leads to nothing else but am just relieved not to have heard anything worse at this stage (my lovely specialst does sometimes miss unpleasant things out if there is nothing we can do about them and tht suits me just fine!
    Love and cyber hugs to you – you cheer me up every time I read your posts.
    Love Carol xxx

tom
    Participant

Morning Bridget

How are you today, I hope you feel much better now the weather is picking up and nearly on to the warmer climate time πŸ™‚

I know am up a bit early but if I cant sleep best thing to is get up and on, I can always nod off in the afternoon lol.

Hope to catch you soon.

Love
    Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Carol sorry to hear you are having pain trouble it can really get you down cant it Still great news that the mri ruled out anything nasty though Hopefully this spell of warm weather will help a little If nothing else the sun makes us all feel a bit more cheerful Keep smiling your lovely smile love Bridget x

brocho
    Participant

Hi Tom sorry didnt see your post this morning, mind I dont see much in the morning I am a bit like a zombie before 10 am !! Thats the trouble with Thalidomide it totally knocks me out at night and I am useless when I first wake up!! You wouldnt believe the times I have dozed off with a cuppa in my hand If I shut my eyes my grandson usually shouts Nan you are going to spill your coffee!! Haha nothing like an 11 year old keeping watch over me , bless him This sunshine certainly makes me more cheerful though and its easier to put up with a bit of pain if the sky is blue too Hope you are having a good weekend Are you on babysitting duty this weekend ? My grandson is here tonight so we have had a lovely evening watching BGT and in between he gives me action replays of his latest goals He hasnt twigged yet that I know absolutely nothing about football Haha been bluffing for years and it seems to have worked ! Love to you and Elaine Bridget x

tom
    Participant

Morning Bridget

I have a grandson that stayed over last nite as he said Grandma's at work on sunday and you will need me to stop and look after you till Grandma comes home πŸ™‚ Well as for looking after me He went to bed before me and the little devil is still asleep lol.

Dont know what to say when its the Grandkids looking after us Lol we must be getting older.

You all get your glad rags on (and dont forget ur suncream) and enjoy today its gonna be great.

Have a good un

Love
    Tom "Onwards and upwards" xxxx

clearwell
    Participant

Hello Bridget,I can't add anything else to what everybody has said but my heart goes out to you and I just want you to know that I am thinking about you.As you know my journey with this is just beginning so I am interested in all comments.I have had my op and see the Doc next week to find out when the treatment is going to start.
    You stay strong honey.Much love Geri xx

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘HERE WE GO AGAIN !!’ is closed to new replies.