HERE WE GO AGAIN !!

This topic contains 77 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • Author

susannah
    Participant

Dear Bridget Iwas so sorry when I read your post, ive been thinking of you alot recently. I suppose you are in limbo at the moment like Michael, Its not knowing whats next that gets to Michael he seems to cope with the rest.
    God Bless
    Suexx

brocho
    Participant

Dear Mavis thankyou for your kind words you always put things so well from the heart. I am lucky in being mobile still but that causes the medics to panic as I dont react the way they expect me to!! When I was diagnosed they couldnt work out how I was able to walk when 3 vertebrae had been destroyed and this time they are really anxious as the tumour is very close so lots of reminders what to watch for and what to do Still I like to keep them on their toes–haha! Retail therapy is definitely good for the soul I bet you are looking forward to your new suite, hope you dont have too long to wait When you find a scooter perhaps you can customise it, I saw a piece on the news where people decorated their scooters with mirrors , flags even photos Have a good weekend hopefully we will have a few more sunny days before it gets cold again love Bridget x

brocho
    Participant

Hi Liz thankyou I feel very lucky to have the support from you and all my cyber friends on here its what makes this site so special Take care and hope you have a good weekend love Bridget x

brocho
    Participant

Dear Sue thank you for thinking of me when you and Michael have so much on your plate too. I know how Michael feels about not knowing being the worst it is making me nervous too Today is the third day my dex pulse 40 mg a day for 4 days to try and stop the tumour from getting any bigger and crushing the spinal nerves Trouble is dex is just awful I have been shaking all day and feeling very nervous , I know its only the dex though messing with my brain (small thought it is) hopefully back to normal at the weekend Tomorrow should be fun dex in the morning followed by knockout chemo in the afternoon at least I will get some sleep . I hope for your sakes and mine we get some plan of action soon , I do trust my doctors totally and I know they are really trying hard to find a solution Stay strong ,keep smiling I know things will get better soon love to you both ( sorry if its a bit rambling I did mention its a dex day!!Tee-hee xBridget x

Min
    Participant

Ah Mavis,
    Peter often used the expression cant take it with you and contstantly made sure there was nothing left to take LOL
    HIs attitude was Whats the point of working for it if you cant enjoy it its not there look at it on the bank statements
    I was never of the same opinion and was constantly saving for the rainy day.
    These days I think …. The rainy days have arrived.
    I want an i phone but cant decide if I want a new wardrobe instead. Decisions decision. Sorry to hear about your car, we had the motability one and it had to goback when Peter died; leaving me to decide to buy a new one… With my useless widows head on. Its like PMT and hormonal pregnancy with teenage stupididy all in one…. Lost count of the stupid decisions I have made of late, I feel like giving myself a slap! If Peter was here I would give him a slap too for leaving me like this.
    Love MIn

Amelie
    Participant

I am so sorry – I send you all my best wishes and thoughts!
    Love Amelie

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear Bridget

Do hope the Dex has stopped messing your brain and that you get a good week-end.

Keep strong we love you. You know what they say, you can't keep a good woman down!

Mavis xxxx

tom
    Participant

Hi Bridget

How you doing I must have missed this post (well no must have i did miss it) am sure I will get used to this site soon.Hope ur on the mend and the dex is not as bad as I/We thought it was :-/

Lots of Hugs ((()))) and love sent

Love Tom xxxxx

brocho
    Participant

Hi everyone just a little update Today I saw the radiotherapist and their decision was that I could have have one dose of radiotherapy on the tumour I think they would have preferred to do more but because I have had treatment on the same site before they were unable to They were very good though as I was able to have the scan and treatment today rather than coming back on another day The only downside was the 5 hour wait between the scan and treatment , exhausting , as ususual I nodded off and woke up to find I had been dribbbling , classy !!! I asked about the surgeons opinion and was told he had said surgery was too dangerous , I wasnt relishing surgery at all . I am a bit worried that one dose of radiotherapy wont be enough to get rid of the tumour and the thought of living on a knife edge in case it presses on my spinal; nerves is not very appealing Still radiotherapy has worked well twice before so I am optimistic I will ask on Thursday whether another mri is on the cards as it will save me from worrying ( the number of mris I have had must be costing the NHS a fortune!) On the way home I think my temp must have shot up I was shaking uncontrollably and freezing cold , it took a few hours to feel human again , not sure whats going on but it may have just been exhaustion Thats all mny news sorry if its boring love Bridget x

eve
    Participant

Hi Bridget
    Sorry to hear your having a hard time,i can understand you not wanting to go back another day for treatment,but all that time at hospital must have left you exhausted:-S lets hope it works.Eve

tom
    Participant

Aww Bridget

You are in the wars aint you bless. its a bugger to have this keep popping up, its great to have had it all done on the same day as its over and done with but am sure they could have found you a side room so you could dribble in peace:-D I hope the cold/fever and shivers you had are not the onset of flu?

Hope its soon sorted love and Many hugs

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxxx

Perkymite
    Participant

I am sorry to hear that news Bridget. I wish the very best of luck and will be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Kindeste regards – Vasbyte

David

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear, dear Bridget.

Will pray that this one dose of radiotherepy does have a good effect on the pain, also that they will agree to another MRI. So sorry you need one as I know you find them so painful, but at least it will be able to give you peace of mind. I'm glad that NHS money is being spent on you – it couldn't go to a better person.

Sending you so much love.

Mavis xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gill
    Participant

Hi Bridget

What a bummer. Stephen had radiotherapy for pain and when the pain came back was told the same as you They cannot zap the same spot twice. He had spent a week saying that the radiotherapy had made things worse ( he was told it would be worse before it got better) and then at least another week wanting to marry the guy that prescribed it as he felt so pain free

Dribbling comes with age I think nothing to do with illness I do it all the time. I wake myself up wondering who on earth is snoring and then find I have dribbled on my pillow. Definitely classy.

As for the cost of treatment We are still partly covered by our health policy and see the invoices they pay. Thank whatever God or Faith you believe in for the NHS. Not wanting to get political I don't think we pay enough into our NIC contributions. I think we should pay more and it should be ring fenced for health not other benefits

Gillxxx

brocho
    Participant

Well I had clinic today and it wasnt a pleasant experience to say the least Basically I have had all the myeloma treatments over the last five years and none has worked for any significant time The team at UCH have been looking for a trial but that is no longer an option due to the fact I am a non- secretor Its possible they may retry something I have had in the past but as nothing has worked brilliantly this is not likely to be much good The reast of the conversation was about me having access to macmillan and the local hospice Well no clinic for 4 weeks which will feel strange At the moment I feel as if there is a huge stone hovering above me waiting to fall hopefully I will get my head around it in the next few days One thing I did say was I am not ready to give up yet but realistically there is little they can do lots of love Bridget x

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘HERE WE GO AGAIN !!’ is closed to new replies.