HERE WE GO AGAIN !!

This topic contains 77 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • Author

andyg
    Participant

Hi Bridget
    Just read your post – dex is keeping me awake – I'm very sorry to hear your news. As I'm new to the MM battle I haven't much knowledge of treatments or advice. I can only hope that you receive something that works for you.

Best Wishes
    Andyg XX

eve
    Participant

Hi Bridget

Just reading you news,and wondering what to say,sorry does not seem fitting, it is strange the way,over time with this MM it becomes another hurdle to get over,and now you are being told there are no more hurdles,well Bridget if you are prepared to jump the hurdles,they should at least be prepared to find some.
    I like most people on this site,have nothing but admiration for the way you have battled with MM,always positive and all ways ready to help others.I cannot see why you cannot have the new treatments without going on the trials,if you come to a position were,there is nothing left,then you have nothing to loose,and as you are prepared to carry on,they should at least give you the chance,and I hope they do.

My thoughts and best wishers will be with you in the days ahead.love Eve

Helen
    Participant

Dear Bridget
    Eve is right, what words can we use to share your feelings. You must be reeling with shock and sadness. I so hope something else can be tried to keep the disease down.
    Remember always how much you are loved.
    Love Helen

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Bridget, Just read your last post and I am very sad for you. I am lousy with words but I do wish you all the best and I am keeping my fingers crossed that something will come out of the blue for you.

Kindest regards – Vasbyte

David

OutdoorsPaul
    Participant

Hi Bridget
    Just catching up on posts since my discharge from MM hospital issues,Gorden Bennett you are going through the mill.Since i came on this site you have been a tower of strength and always give out good sound advice.I know you will keep possitive and your advice of just listen to your body is so true.
    lots love Paul

tom
    Participant

Aww Bridget

I have read and re-read your last post I have sat her thinking what I can say, and the only thing that keeps popping into my head is (and forgive me ladies and gents) "Bastard MM", sorry bout the cuss word on your post Bridget :-S

But I am with the rest that have already posted and those that will follow my post is to say You are an inspiration to us all, with your strenth and determination to beat this cussed MM.

And Like most I think that if you have come to the end of "Allowed" treatment then why not let you use the "Not Allowed by NICE" stuff as am sure you have the strenth and posativity to go for it.

Bridget I just wish I lived near you so I could just put my arms around you and give you a great big hug.

I have re read your post and also re read mine and decided the Cuss word stays in as thats the way I feel, Love and you kn ow loads of hugs

Tom (((((hugs)))) xxxxx

Lynnie
    Participant

Dear Bridget
    I was very sorry to read your last post. It's not fair that you, who has given so much time, help and comfort to others, should be told this news. Just to say that I very much hope that they find something else for you to try and to send my best wishes and love.
    Lynne xx

susannah
    Participant

Dear Bridget I wasnt going to post today until I read your post, what can I say im so sorry, I cant imagine how you are feeling, but I know one man who does. We also went to clinic today, we were told Michael does not fit the criteria for the Pomalidomide trial, so no more treatment.She did offer high does Dex but Michael could not get his head round it and we came home, and go back in a month. Ireally dont know what else to say except god bless Bridget

Lots of hugs
    Sue x

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi lovely Bridget,

Like Tom I would love to be near you right now to give you a hug because of the news being so bleak… but we, and especially you, can still be hopeful of some success with a previous treatment… CDT or something similar. or perhaps they might offer you a trial.. pomolamide (sp) or something of that ilk.

I assume that the 4 week break to your next clinic is for your doctors to consider their/your options. Lets hope they come up with something that might slow things down for a while until something more suitable or longer term comes along… we all look for that. 🙂

You have been a rock to and for so many of us on this board… its time for you to lean on us for a while… especially the next few weeks.

Much love xxx

Dai & Janet.

brocho
    Participant

Thank you all for your lovely wishes and kind words Its at times like this that we appreciate good friends who understand, I am so thankful that I found this site way back when !! I am less shell shocked now and I keep thinking of random things which leave poor Jeff rather puzzled But on the whole I am being a bit of an ostrich and burying my head in the sand, there is too much living to be done so no time for thinking about dying Sue I know how Michael must feel , I am on 40mg Dex a week plus 100mg Thalidomide to try and hold things at bay It must be so hard for you Sue I feel so guilty that Jeff has to go through this too but I couldnt do it without him! Dai the likelihood of getting on a trial is very small as I am a non-secretor which makes me ineligible My doctors have really tried hard to get me on one to no avail. There is the posssibility of going back to something I have had before but as nothing has been very effective its unlikely to work The other possibility is Melphalan but I would not be able to tolerate a high dose after 4 years of chemo. I will wait and see what they suggest in a few weeks Sorry if this is a bit rambling but thats how my brain is at the moment!! Lots of love Bridget x

Georgina
    Participant

Hi Bridget

I am so so sorry to hear your news. Like everyone else has said, you have been a tower of strength to so many people with your encouragement and wise words.

I just hope there is something else they can do.

I'll be thinking of you and will have everything crossed.
    All my love
    Georgina x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Bridget

I have just read your post and I just don't know what to say. Others have said Bridget but you are an inspiration to us all – your courage, compassion and your love of life. I will pray that they come up with something you can try. My love and prayers are with you.

God bless
    Love Jean xx

susan123
    Participant

Hi Bridget,

I feel so frustrated for you, you are a true inspiration to all of us. I am hoping and praying for you in the hope they find some other treatment, stay strong, as I know you will !!
    Love Sue

Elizellen
    Participant

Like everyone else I was so sorry to read of your latest news, Bridget. 🙁

Sending you cyberhugs

Eliz
    XX
    X

mhnevill
    Participant

My dear Bridget

I am gutted at your latest post – missed earlier because of grand childrens visit. (A great but exausting few days!)

What to say? Your positive approach must stand you in good stead and I will be praying for a miracle.

Enjoy these days of no infusions! I'm so glad you've got a supportive family around you. Will think of more to say, but wanted you to know I am continuing to remember you even when I'm not on site.

Much love

Mavis xxxxx

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘HERE WE GO AGAIN !!’ is closed to new replies.