Peter

This topic contains 43 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  KeithH17 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author

eve
    Participant

Dear Min

I have just gone back to your posting and noticed the attachment in the left hand corner,Thank you sharing your photo with us,Slim never goes on here but occasionally ask me why i am laughing and I read out to him little bits.
    He asked me to personally say how sorry he was for your loss,

I hope you keeping well and you are in our thoughts Eve and Slim

tom
    Participant

Thanks for that Eve

Min what a Handsome pair of Gentelmen in your photo's, I am Thankful to Eve for letting me know as I missed them.

Much Love and Hugs

Tom xxx

susannah
    Participant

Dear Min Ive written this post several times, but in the end what can I say.
    God Bless you

All My Love
    Suex

shirley
    Participant

To Min and family,my sincere condolences to you all,take great care Min,love and best wishes Shirley x x x x

nickinoo
    Participant

So so sorry to read the sad news about Peter, my thoughts are with you and your family Min xxx

Elizellen
    Participant

Dear Min
    I haven't been on the board lately so have only just read your post.

I am so sorry to hear that Peter has passed away so unexpectedly, and am sending you and your family my condolences at this difficult time.

Hugs and prayers
    from
    Elizabeth
    XX
    X

DaiCro
    Participant

I am ensconced in Fishguard, looking out of a picture window 10' by 6'… and framed in the window, is a photo-perfect combination of landscape and seascape. Bottom right I can see the old harbour of Lower Town where they filmed Dylan Thomas's 'Under Mlkwood' in 1972, with Richard Burton, Elizabeth Taylor, Peter O'Toole, Glynis Johns and Victor Spinetti. Middle left I can see the new harbour (1900) built by Isambard Kingdom Brunel and home to to filming of 'Moby Dick' with Gregory Peck and Richard Baseheart in 1956. The rest of the scapes of land and sea form the background of my childhood.

I see all this and report it to you by dint of a dongle that grants me access to the internet… and in return I learn of the passing of Peter.

The passing of Gordon, Gaye and now Peter, in such quick succession has, I am sure, left all the contributors to this forum shocked and dismayed. Some of us… those who followed Min's posts closely are, like myself, feeling bereft.

I was dropped off by the rest of the gang of my brothers and sisters (7 of them) after a morning out… they have carried on while I came home to sort out my dongle and put my feet up.

Min, the shock and pain I am feeling over the loss of Peter is small compared to your own… but shock and pain it is… and anger… his death seems obscene some how… the last thing I expected.

I am so glad my family and Janet are with me… I will be comforted by their enjoyment of the holiday and the wonderful feel of camaraderie in the house… and Janet, as always.

I hope that you are surrounded by love… don't drown Min, swim and survive. I and all of your cyber friends are with you… I just wish I was there beside you… just for a brief moment, to say how much I care for you… my true friend.

Much love,

Dai xxx

Min
    Participant

Dear Dai,
    I was upstairs preparing Peters uniform for his funeral and you came into my mind. I was a little upset that we had not heard from you and worried that you were still an inpatient.
    You must have read my mind, as I came downstairs to turn of the 'Apple' which was playing Peters favourite Louis Armstrong . We have all the time in the world…………….tears streaming down my face.
    Our children have gone to make some arrangements for afterwards and I found myself alone for the 1st time.
    We./I were totally unprepared for Peters passing. In every way.
    The circumstances were my son a captain in the Merchant Navy is always at sea, and my Daughter was oddly at sea too on a cruise.
    Peter was rushed into the ITu and by a miracle Tony came home so I was able to have him by our side at the end. Whilst Emma was too far at see to get any signal.
    How ironic is that.
    Peter is coming home tomorrow, and the funeral will take place on Wednesday. There have been many tears and also much laughter, on the voyage of discovery which I had hoped would take place later.
    I hope I have the strength to see me through the time when they all have to go there own ways, Tony to Dubai where he was due to start a new part of his career last week, and Emma home to her children.
    But I will always look on here for comfort from my very dear cyber friends
    Inconsolable
    MIn

Gill
    Participant

Dai has a far better way with words than I do but I am sure his eloquence speaks for all of us.

I hope Wednesday is a great celebration of Peter's life and I will be thinking of you.

Thanks to Eve for pointing out the attachments. What lovely photos and what treasured memories they will be

Much love and hugs from just one of your cyber friends Gillxxx

jills
    Participant

Min,
    So sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts are with you.
    Take care,

Jill

tom
    Participant

Min
    Still thinking of you and yours but will say more prayers for you all on Wednesday.

Am sure it will be a great day to remember the good times you and Peter had.

Lots of Love and Hugs

Tom xxx

Mari
    Participant

Dear Min,

I have not been here for a while and it was such a shock to hear of Peter's sudden passing. I am sending you and your family my deepest sympathy and you will all be in my thoughts as you say good bye to Peter on Wednesday and afterwards,

Much love Mari xx

brocho
    Participant

Dear Min I am glad the children all got home to be with you Together you will be able to celebrate not just Peters life but your lives together. I can only imagine how alone you must feel now Min but Peter will always be with you in your hearts and minds and all the wonderful memories you share I will be thinking of you on Wednesday love Bridget x

Perkymite
    Participant

My Dear, Dear Min,

How sad and upset I was to read your unexpected posting. Everything that can be said has been said by all your ?Cyber Friends? and I am just no good at condolences. My heart goes out to you. Remember we are all still your ?Cyber Friends? so perhaps we will still have the pleasure of your company. May your God be with you at this time.

Love ? Vasbyte

David

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Min

I just know tomorrrow will a wonderful celebration of Peter's life, as Gordon's was. I still have a problem with 'celebration' I wanted and still do, rage against the injustice of losing my husband! But I went along with the flow, and the very funny yorkshire vicar!.
    You will be in my thoughts tommorow, I am so sorry you family is not around you for long, as mine are all the time!
    Dear min keep in touch I find a lot of comfort on this site byt so many tears, where on earth do tears come from do they never dry up!?

With love Sarah xx

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Peter’ is closed to new replies.