SLIM

This topic contains 38 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Vicki 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

eve
    Participant

Hi Everybody

I am posting this with a sense of numbness ,after all this time it seems so unreal.

Slim died on Wednesday the 27 of August ,there is not much more I can say,thank you to all the people on here and at Myeloma UK who have helped me over a period of three years,I have laughed and cried at many postings but most of all I knew you all understood what we were feeling in those early times.

This is a forum about hope and this is what it gave us,Eve

• This topic was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by  eve.

Philipandfiona
    Participant

I’ve posted over on Facebook, but didn’t want to ignore you here. Eve, i cannot say how much you have contributed here. You have been so very helpful in showing your reality.

I know there that this awful disease is generally one way only. I sincerely hope for a cure, but don’t expect one in the time left to my husband. However, the hope we have is for as good health as possible for as long as possible, and when it isn’t – for a good death. I think you certainly enabled Slim to have that.

Very selfishly, I don’t want to lose you from here, although i expect you will want to take a good long break from MM and eventually start to rebuild your own life.

I wish you and your family all the best.

(princess) fiona x

Carolsymons
    Participant

Hi Eve

So sad about Slim and I repeat you are an amazing woman the way you carried out Slim’s wishes-no doubt at great cost to your own health. I am finally returning to Australia even though I still have no contract for this London flat after more than 5 months! I cannot sit here any longer when all I want is to be back with my family.

I do hope you have the strength to stay on this forum because you have been such a support for so many people. Let me know if in the future your adventures take you to Australia.

Carol

orangelily
    Participant

Eve – I’m so sorry to read this. I have followed your story recently. I can’t begin to imagine how you must be feeling xxx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Eve so shocked to hear of Slims passing. My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time. You were Slim’s rock and I’m sure he was glad that he had you in his corner. My love to you all

Jean xx

Sal
    Participant

Dear Eve,

I’m so sorry to hear this news.  I hope the love and support of your family and friends will help you to get through the coming days and weeks.

Sarah x

Min
    Participant

So very sorry to hear of Slims passing. He fought a massive battle for so long,with you
    By his side.

Thinking of you and your family at this sad time.

janw
    Participant

Eve, I can completely understand why you feel so numb. Your past few months must have been so emotionally and physically intense caring for Slim. From all of your posts, Slim sounded so positive in his approach to this awful cancer even during his final few months, which would have been because he always had you by his side for the love and support to help him through his battle. My thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family during this stressful period. Love Jan x

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear Eve

I do send you my deepest sympathy that that which you had both expected and dreaded has happened. In spite of a valiant battle by both of you, Slim has finally been defeated by this dreadful MM.

I do hope, that as you plan his funeral service, it may come together as a celebration of a life well lived and of the strong bond between you. Love cannot be defeated by death.

Please be assured of my love and prayers at this devastating time.

Mavis xxxx

Ali
    Participant

Oh Eve
    I am so sorry to hear your news of Slims passing. You both fought so hard against this disease. My love goes to you and your family

Alison x

stanley-1960
    Participant

Eve,

So sorry to here Slim has passed away. The bravery shown by you both via you comments and especially Slim’s determination to do it his way with your support should inspire many on this site.My thoughts are with you at this very sad time.

Stanley

tonyf
    Participant

So sorry to read that Slim has passed away. My thoughts and my prayers are with you at this time.
    Tony F

Kazzam2
    Participant

Dear Eve,
    So sorry to hear that Slim has passed away.
    Thoughts are with you at this very sad time.
    Karen x

rebeccaR
    Participant

Dear Eve, so sorry to hear this news, you are both troupers and I hope you take great comfort in the knowledge that you could not have done more for him and eased his passing so fantastically well. You have helped so many on here with your postings, including myself, that please do not feel you can no longer contribute on here as you have a wealth of experience and good advice that can help others on this awful journey. I hope you are able to soon apply your no nonsense attitude to ultimately forging yourself a new and happy road to follow as it is time to concentrate on yourself now x
    Rebecca

dickb
    Participant

Dear Eve,

We are both very saddened to hear of Slim’s passing. We have read your ups and downs for the last 18 months since my diagnosis. We knew it was hard for the both of you, maybe more so for you – Marines tended to take things in their stride from what I remember of the brief contact I had with them (Scary people!). I doubt if anyone else could have hung in there as long. But it is now over, so time to grieve, put things in order and to quote my Mantra – Pick yourself up, dust yourself down and carry on. It’s also what Marines do.

We will both be thinking of you in our prayers.

Richard and Wifey.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘SLIM’ is closed to new replies.