Stephen has gone

This topic contains 24 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Lorna 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Gill
    Participant

He was taken into the Chelsfield Park Hospital to get some platelets and blood and he just went down into a pit.

I cannot remember the sequence of events but they phoned me at 7 am to say they could not manage him and they were transferring him to St Christophers Hospice. I got to the hospital in time to go with him in the ambulance but I saw him losing the plot on the way

He had no idea where he was let alone where he was going. He went downhill soooo quickly.

He was agitated and in pain for a while but they sorted that out Overdose??do I give a damn??? They stopped his pain

The only thing I would have asked the doctors was PLEASE MAKE HIM WELL AND GIVE BACK TO ME

I had to phone his 85 yuear old mum and tell her and then do the ringing round.

I still cannot believe it. Even when he had died he ws still warm I wanted to shake him and say "stop messing about" get up and come home.

love to all Gill xxx

Min
    Participant

Dearest Gill
    I am so so sorry for your loss.
    There are no words to help at his moment in time, other than I am thinking of you.
    Stephens passing was traumatic for you but in time you will put that part behind you and remember the good times.
    Suffice to say he is now out of his suffering and yours begins in a different way.
    Strength will come from somewhere deep inside, and you will begin to relax and remember the love you shared and the good times you had, even in the midst of MM.
    Ive had you and Stephen on my mind for days now. Sorry for you loss.
    Lots of Love
    Min

jmsmyth
    Participant

Dear Gill

I am so so sorry to hear that Stephen has gone. My deepest sympathy and love goes to you and your family. I don't know any words that will comfort you at this terrible time. I have followed Stephen journey through this awful disease and was with you in his ups and downs. Gill I wish you strength and the love of your family to get you through this terrible time. I know you have lovely memories of your life together – your family, dogs and France. Nothing anyone says will stop the wish that Stephen was still here, but he is no longer in pain. Take strength from all those around you and all your many friends on the forum. My love to,you and your family

Love Jean xx

tishwish
    Participant

Hello Gill

So very sorry for your loss of Stephen. Words are few but thoughts are deep, my deepest sympathy to yourself and your family. Stephen's suffering is over and he is at rest xx

Love Trish x

Tina
    Participant

Dear Gill,

You have been in my thought over the past few days and after your last post I knew the time was very close for Stephen. Try to take heart that he is no longer in pain and suffering the anguish this disease brings. You clearly shared a wonderful relationship and Stephen loved you very much he may have left you in body but you will continue to hear his voice and laughter for many years to come.

So sorry for your loss
    Hugs and best wishes

Tina X

lorrainey
    Participant

Dear Gill,

I'm so sad to read that Stephen has passed, my sincere condolonces to you and your family.

Lots of love

Lorraine

xxx

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Dear Gill,

I've been following your posts over the past few weeks and am very sad to read your beloved Stephen as past away,
    Kevs been asking after you both and have just broke the news to him and can I say from both of us were thinking of you gill and please accept our condolences.

Thinking of you and your family love & hugs liz & kev xxxxx

ilovemymum
    Participant

Hi Gill
    I'm so sorry that you have lost your husband Stephen. No words can help to ease your pain. I saw this quote today and thought of you both x ?What one carries deep in his heart cannot be lost by death" I know he is not here with you anymore but he will always be in your heart and nobody can take that away from you.
    Lots of love
    Rachael x x x x

tom
    Participant

Oh Gill

I am so sorry to read about your beloved Stephen has Passed away I honestly wish i was with you to give you that great big Hug that am sure you want and need right now, but am afraid it can only be a Cyber Hug (((HUG)) sent to you and of course to Stephen.

I watched with a smile on my face the way you two have coped with all that the MM has thrown at you both, you never let it get the top side and you have always found Humor to help you and am sure Stephen through all this.
    Please stay strong as you know thats what Stephen would want you to do.

I am lost for words to hep comfort you Gill but am sure they will be lost in the tears that we are all getting this sad day.

Love and loads of Hugs to you and your Family's and Friends

Tom (hugs) xxxxx

OutdoorsPaul
    Participant

Hi Gill
    So sorry to hear about Stephens passing,if you want to talk we are all here for you.
    Big hug PaulXX

scott9
    Participant

Dear Gill

I will second what Paul has said. Sincere condolences and we are all here for you. This blasted disease really bites hard and is totally random. You just have to live with it and prepare for the inevitable as best as you can. I hope you find the strength to keep going for your family.

All the very best wishes.

Scott

eve
    Participant

Hi Gill

So So sorry that Stephen has died,I know how hard it is to let go,to stop that clock and wish for time to go backward,but it does not Gill,this is the time for your tears,I hope your daughter and Stephens can not only help you practically but are with you,to give you some comfort.

It must have been awful for you,to Stephen this way,I think for your own survival you have to prepare yourself,you just thought you would have more time.Gill you will survive this,and forget the bad things,and be able to talk to friends about the good side,we would all like to think are loved ones will be free of pain,and just slip away,but this does not always happen ,and I thank god we have hospice,and dedicated nursers,they took his pain away,he is no longer suffering.
    May you find some peace in the thought he is no more pain.Love Eve

foxy555
    Participant

Dear Gill

I am so sorry to hear your news. I have followed your posts and found it very painful to read of Stephen's death today – it really came as an awful shock when I logged onto the Myeloma site.

Please take care Gill.

Lots of love

Ann and Pete

xx

Perkymite
    Participant

Dear Gill, I am so so sorry for your loss. Your post brought tear to my eyes. Stephen will rest in a pain free peace.

My love and thoughts are with you

David

zasrs
    Participant

Dearest Jill

I am so sorry, I was thinking of you both all day today, I cannot pray. Thank goodness he was not in pain at the end. I wish I knew what to say to help you, all I can do is cry for you and your family and his mum, I too had to tell Gordon's 85 and 89 year old parents, it is not right.

My deepest sympathy and love

Sarah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Stephen has gone’ is closed to new replies.