Welcome!

This topic contains 46 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Perkymite 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author

webteam
    Keymaster

As many of you will be aware, for the last six months we have been developing a new website. A key goal in developing this new site has been the need to create an improved environment for our online discussion group. We have been extremely grateful for the input and feedback from many of the current group members and the help they have given us in developing the discussion forum environment on our new site.

From Thursday 21 October, our new site will launch in a beta format and will run alongside our current website for approximately four weeks. During this time, our hope is that current discussion group members will take the time to familiarise themselves with the new discussion forum environment, continue to provide feedback during the beta launch phase and, importantly, sign-up for the new discussion group. The current discussion groups on the existing site will cease to exist at the end of the beta launch phase.

We are looking into ways to archive previous and current discussions on the existing discussion forum and as to how best to make this available in the new environment.

We will continue to do everything possible to make this change over as smooth and as seamless as possible.

The forum is an extremely valuable resource to all those who take part in it. To that end we continue to appreciate your being part of it and thank you in advance for your understanding and involvement as we transfer the forum from the existing to our new site.

If you have any questions, queries or concerns, or you would like to provide feedback on the new discussion forum, reply to this post or email webteam@myeloma.org.uk

BellaRS
    Participant

I like it! (Though when I just reply to a topic, it asks me for a subject which is confusing since the subject is the same…)

Bella

hellwing
    Participant

I like it too:)The thing i didnt like on the other site is that every post gets narrow and sent my eyes funny by the time i got to the end lol:)

jmsmyth
    Participant

Am I missing out on someting. I posted a reply but it seems to have gotten lost in cyber space. Or am I stupid.
    Jean

Gaye
    Participant

At last – I have finally got here:-S I have got to get used to this before I decide my preferences! Being decrepit I am still getting used to electricity…………….

Love Gaye

brocho
    Participant

Yippee I made it at last !! Glad it wasnt just me though The site looks great thanks again Bridget

SharonG
    Participant

Well I'm game to give the new site a go! It looks great, hope it all works out ok!
    Sharon x

Perkymite
    Participant

well, 😎 , I got the shades on here because I am trying to hide my embarrasment – Yes, I had not signed in so could not see post and reply buttons. Ouch.

I have tried to attach a a video file just to see what happens. Tried the video attachment it works ok. Have a look at it it is a really funny.

kindest regards

David aka Perkymite

Perkymite
    Participant

I think I am getting the hang of it here. Just uploaded a photograph Avatar. The first one was of my dog Guinness but guess it was tooo large.

Spellchecker?

kindest regards
    David

just trying an edit : I changed my avatar but you have to re-sign in before it uses the new picture – which makes sense.

Min
    Participant

Very Good Just hope I can get the hang of it. Love the opportunity to delete as sometimes have second thoughts after a post so thats a brilliant idea. Using an apple mac and will try windows later. Tried windows all morning and could not get on to post Well done team on the improved layout. Attached photo is taken in August when we went to the White Festival in Loule Portugal. Showing him indoors with MM who got me into this site! In case your wondering that is his walking stick upside down, Not a Tail. !

elaine
    Participant

I'm an old dog and this is a new trick, but got there.>:-) Well done team.

tom
    Participant

Well done that team 🙂
    And David the Vid works great and made me Laugh it is a good un:-D
    Minimouse great photo

I know am gonna love this site 🙂

Tom

TonyHB
    Participant

Nice job on the site, as a self employed web desiner and SEO consultant, if you need any help in the future do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers for now

Tony HB

michelleakitt29
    Participant

Love the new site, HOWEVER, does anyone know how to change their user name, i thought this was just for login not to show on main screen, I am usually good with computers but i am completely flumuxed on this one lol many thanks michelle x x x

Elizellen
    Participant

Hi all! 😀

Just reporting in and testing to see if my avatar uploaded properly.

Didn't put a subject in initially and it wouldn't accept the post, so am trying again after putting a subject in the box.

On other boards I participate at you only have to type in that box if you want to change the subject, so it will take time to get used to this new way.

———–
    Edited to add this just to see if I could!!

And I can!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Welcome!’ is closed to new replies.