Treatment

This topic contains 47 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  tom 12 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author

DaiCro
    Participant

I'm trawling through the forum, being flippant, being as bright as I can be and my heart gave a little jump when I saw new posts in Gaye's thread. I was hoping for some garden gossip, perhaps even a word from the great lady herself. But she has gone.

Oh Gaye, I am so, so sorry.

Dai. xxx

eve
    Participant

It is sad news,but not unexpected it was so nice of Gaye to think about us,and to make sure we new that she has passed away.
    That is consideration beyond the grave,such a thoughtful woman,putting her house in order,she will be remembered with big smiles on this site:-)Eve

DaiCro
    Participant

Thank you Eve,

You are quite right, Gaye was thoughtful enough to let us know personally that she was taking her path onwards with no further treatment for her MM. She painted her picture of the hospice at Westcliffe-On-Sea with its gardens and left us in no doubt that she was comfortable, cared for and ready for the next step.

I was hoping for a little longer… a few more conversations, garden gossip and reminiscences… but that was wishful thinking on my part. Gaye knew where she was, what stage she was at and was obviously ready for the final steps.

For the first, perhaps the only time, I wish I had been there. 🙁

Much love to a much loved lady.8-) 😀 🙂

Dai.

Tina
    Participant

Gaye, God Bless You and may you rest in peace. I knew you would have only had a week or two left in this life and hope your last breath came softly.

Although I was expecting this news I was overcome with tears and taken back to the day my darling husband was taken from me. – what a lovely person you were, we will all miss you.

Love

Tina

Min
    Participant

Rest in Peace Dear Gaye,
    You were a bright light at a time that I was in a dark place and I will be forever grateful for your support and humour.
    I am touched that she thought of us to the end, God Bless
    Min

lorrainey
    Participant

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news about Gaye passing. May you rest in peace Gaye, a truly brave and inspirational lady. Gone but Never Forgotten xxxxx

brocho
    Participant

For Gaye ; This morning when I read that you had left us I cried . As the day has gone on I have been thinking of your wonderful warm nature and how your posts written with such warmth showed us what a caring person you were .When I first found this site I was unsure as to whether the forum was something I wanted to take part in , but the warm welcoming replies from all the lovely people on here soon cleared that up !! Thankyou Gaye for caring about us even when you were feeling very unwell and in a lot of pain For each and everyone of us you helped us get through the bad days and celebrated the good times It made me feel very humble to know that you were thinking of us all right to the end. You will be greatly missed but very fondly remembered , especially your wonderfully quirky sense of humour !Love and memories from your cyber friend Bridget xx

susannah
    Participant

Dear Gaye Im so sorry,i think the only comfort now is that you are free of pain and can now rest. When I look back at some of my postings, who was one of the first people to reply,Gaye.
    Thank you to a brave lady

God Bless You
    Sue

susan123
    Participant

God bless you Gaye, rest in peace now, you were a very inspirational and brave lady, God only takes the best.

Love Sue xx

shirley
    Participant

May you rest in peace Gaye,my sincere sympathys to your family and friends,. Trully inspirational lady who always gave sound advise. Gaye you'll be sorely missed,god bless, Shirley x x x x x

gina45
    Participant

How sad i was to find this post when i came on today. What an inspiration Gaye was to us all and what a courageous and brave lady.
    I hope that she is at peace. I will miss her posts and it has made me feel so sad .
    You will be missed by us all Gay RIP lovely lady
    Gina
    xxxx

mhnevill
    Participant

Like everyone else, I feel so sad at Gaye's passing even though she had prepared us for it. She certainly fought the brave fight and endured so much pain with fortitude. An example and a friend to us all.

I just take comfort that Gaye had prepared herself for her end; and because I do not believe death has the last word.

Gaye may you rest in peace and rise in glory, may we all be as brave as you when our time comes.

Mavis xxxxx

Gill
    Participant

I did not post when I first heard that Gaye had died because I did not know what to say. I still don't. Everybody on this site has become so important to me and it is heartbreaking to know that somebody has gone.

What a lovely woman. Goodbye Gaye

Gill

Elizellen
    Participant

How like Gaye it was to make sure we were told of her passing on.

I am glad she was able to spend her last days peacefully and in such a lovely place.

RIP dear lady.

Elizabeth
    XX
    X

zasrs
    Participant

Good bye Gaye, a very sad farewell to lovley lady, at least like gordon, she is no longer in pain.

my sympathy to all her friends and family.

sarah xx

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Treatment’ is closed to new replies.